bull choses

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have 3 murray gray, 3 big exelant droughtmasters, 1 herford and 2 angus cows. What sort (top 5) bulls do you recomend for my cow and hefers?. I want to build up a breeding stock and them beef cattle.

sorry about the spelling.

[email protected]

> I have 3 murray gray, 3 big
> exelant droughtmasters, 1 herford
> and 2 angus cows. What sort (top
> 5) bulls do you recomend for my
> cow and hefers?. I want to build
> up a breeding stock and them beef
> cattle.

> sorry about the spelling. depends on what you are looking for market value or replcement animals. with the variety of cattle, which do you like better or do you want a mix? buyers look for a group of calves same size and color and they bring more money. Charlolais or Blk. Limosin. for market. But if you like one breed you have better. i am breeding to get heifers now that will replace my cows when i get to that point then i will breed for market. i want all of my cows to be the same same size and basic markings 1000 - 1100 lbs and red and blk white face, mostly brangus and braford.

[email protected]

> cattle.

If you have Murray Grey cows,you have a good start. Why not go with a good Murray Grey Bull?
> sorry about the spelling.

[email protected]

You have the league of nations there, how do you plan on selling anything when you have a mixed bag of crap like that. Sell everything before you lose your ass completely.

[email protected]

A diverse herd can be a good start on your ultimate breeding/crossbreeding program. The catch is, you need to know where you plan to go with the breeding . Do you want a herd consisting of 3 way cross cows, 2 way cross, will you use a terminal sire on your crossbred or straightbred cows. It all goes back to if you dont know where you are headed how will you know when you get there? It takes more years to get to want you want with a mixed breed herd but with proper selection of bulls and replacment heifers you can achieve a pretty high degree of consistancy in your calf crop. At almost mandates using AI to be able to accomplish the optimizing your results ort even the interum steps. It's easiest to define your goal then get heifers/cows that will be the best fit to achieve the goal. But is can be done with a mix and match herd. For instance, if your goal is to have a 50% MG 50% Beefmaster cow herd and will breed them to say Charolais for a terminal breed. You would select the best MG cows and breed them to a top Beefmaster bull, take your top Beefmaster cows and breed them to a MG bull, cut nad sell all bull calves and only keep the heifers that really meet your selection criteria for quality, disposition, etc. Sorry, too longwinded again

dun

> cattle.

If your going to sell seed stock you need to narrow your breeds. Stay with one until you have a established buisness. I'd pick your favorite of what you have and sell the rest to put toward some registered stock preferably.

[email protected]

I will go with a terminal breed, as for example Charolais or Limousin, but if I own the cows I will sell them and buy what the market in the area is demanding

> cattle.

[email protected]

Latest posts