Bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
A friend has approched us about a bull calf for his uncle. We normally band our bulls at birth.
Well this big guy was born yesterday morning weighting about 91lbs. He is out of our new herd bull.
Wish he had some more pigment around his eyes and some white on his shoulders.

Cowsandcalves08033.jpg

the truth is you wont know if he will make a herd bull till he is 3 or 4 months olds.he looks real good as a baby.how much are you selling him for.

then i dont see why he wont work as a breeding bull.your being more than fair with the buyer.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2ey4ugos said:
That ear tag is nearly as big as the calf lol :nod: He looks pretty good. Little higher birthweight than what I like. Would like to see more pigment around the eyes.

lol, true...a calf tag or even a sheep tag works great for newborns.

He sure is a curly little fella. I guess he is not that little but not that heavy that you could not use him; maybe just not on heifers.

I had two really nice purebred bull calves born that were definitely worth keeping to see how they look in a few months just from the pedigree but both birth weights were over 130lbs so they got banded right away.

bigbull338":1ezxgm8j said:
the truth is you wont know if he will make a herd bull till he is 3 or 4 months olds.he looks real good as a baby.how much are you selling him for.

agreed

Latest posts