Bull calf update with pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
So he is almost 7 months old. How do you think he has progressed ?

Last month
IMG_1151.jpg

Today
IMG_1317.jpg

Sure enuf a Gelbvieh, and I see he is already practicing for his future career.

Nice calf HD, hard to fault him so I won't.

I really like him too, and his is getting long and tall. That is Outside Apple Blossom a Holstein heifer and she is tall, so you can see how much he has grown.

I am just worried about the flank right now I hope it keeps up with the rest of him. That seems to be an occurrence this year and last and I am not the only GV breeder that is having that problem with the bulls.. :?

My other's look a lot like this guy but do not stand out like him.

HD he is gonna make 1 fine herd bull.an he is a long thick bull to boot.i to would like to see pics of him this fall.is he getting any feed or just pasture.

Thanks Big Bull, he is staight on patsure like all of the cows and twins are . He can be weaned soon though and I will see how he does then.

he will bloom out nicely when you put him on feed.i like pasture raised bulls.they wont fall apart when they are running with the cows.

Baldie Maker":3tapgpxv said:
I agree that he's pretty nice.. who is his sire again? what frame do you think he is? jw

Sorry baldie maker I just saw this question he is sired by Kalina Moderator.
here's a pic
029GV00068_Bull.jpg

As far as frame score I don't know, right now I am hoping that he doesn't get too big.

saw some gelb. at the fair last night.. they really seem to be super sweet and the ones at the fair were very sound in their feet and legs.

we use a couple gelb. bulls and u can allways tell there calves because of the muscle and that extra skin under there neck. that must a breed trait

mccabe226":2ifcne9t said:
we use a couple gelb. bulls and u can allways tell there calves because of the muscle and that extra skin under there neck. that must a breed trait

What's the breeding on them. Blk or Red?

both, i dont have the papers on them, just use them as terminal sires on a cross bred cow herd. they seem to do the trick. also use chars and limi. like them both as well

Latest posts