Bull calf pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

smnherf

Reaction score
He are a couple pictures of one of two of my bull calves. BD is 4/5/09.

DSCN3662.JPG

DSCN3659.JPG

DSCN36691.JPG

Another calf is 0952, also born 4/4/09, an ET calf by P606 out of a 16 year old donor.
DSCN3366.JPG

an early picture @ about 7 weeks old
DSCN3724.JPG

Last weeks picture

Comments are welcome. Have a great day

Brian

They look really good Brian, seems like you don't see too many P606 sons that make a name for themselves, but he sure has some good daughters out there. Who sired 956 calf.

956 looks really promising, just don't show the right side of his face otherwise some self proclaimed experts will call him just another crossbred. ;-)

It just goes to show that your real bull prospects shows masculinity, muscle and capacity even at a tender 3 months of age.

952 looked more promising at 7 weeks than he does at 3 months, probably just in that ugly phase most calves go through around 4 months old.

Sorry, I meant to say 0956 was sired by M326 out of this P606 bred cow

DSCN1629.JPG

Just after calving in 2008.

DSCN2129.JPG

Later after on grass

DSCN2133.JPG

closeup of her udder.

rocket2222":50awufhv said:
They look really good Brian, seems like you don't see too many P606 sons that make a name for themselves, but he sure has some good daughters out there. Who sired 956 calf.

Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing them grow out. The P606 daughters have been good, but I think from the bull side many had too much birthweight as he was bred to many high birthweight cows because of his original epds were so low. Also many had horns or scurs. So far this calf is smooth polled.

I did this flush on a 12 year old JPH prestige daughter and then left it sit in the tank for a couple years before I put it in.

Knersie, I wont argue that I like the 956 calf best now as her calves and the M326 calves seem to get better with age, but if the P606 calf can continue to grow and known the history of his mothers calves, he may have a future in my herd as longevity is pretty important for me.

those are some fine looking bull calves.you better put them both on your keeper list.because they both are keepers.

Latest posts