Bull Calf Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
I took these pictures a little over a week ago, but the bulls are really growing and changing the last little while. Most are growing quite good, a couple that look like maybe they won't make the cut but for the most part we are happy with how they are looking. Have already started getting phone calls inquiring about them, seems like people start looking earlier and earlier every year.

We weighed about half of them the day I took these pictures just for curiosity (didn't have time to weigh them all...wish we would have though). This is our first year having a scale and the results of the weights are sure interesting. We don't push the feed to them very hard, not near as hard as a lot of the breeders around us push their bulls. Right now they are getting about 1.5-2% of their body weight of a 13% protein feed. We weighed 21 out of the 37 and the average weight was 753 lbs. We weighed the smallest and the biggest and a good selection of everything in between so I think the average would be pretty close even if we had weighed them all.

IMG_2683sm_zpsyh4umn2m.jpg

IMG_2677sm_zpswq5utivx.jpg

IMG_2708sm_zps9vdp1oxs.jpg

IMG_2680sm_zpsv5zhuotr.jpg

IMG_2705sm_zpsixcukxru.jpg

IMG_2569sm_zpsi7xjfnm5.jpg

59C - 72 lb bw, 570lb WW @ 184 days, weighed 770lbs January 3rd

IMG_2668sm_zpsqa6nufqx.jpg

IMG_2595sm_zpstoaguqtg.jpg

130C - 82lb bw, 590lb WW @ 173days, weighed 830lb January 2 (2.9lbs/day since weaning)

IMG_2637sm_zpsfuxehivj.jpg

black bull in the centre of the picture - 117C - 81lb bw, 635lb WW @ 179 days, weighed 805lbs January 3

IMG_2623sm_zpsarrhbtmk.jpg

128C - 80lb bw, 600lb WW @ 174 days, weighed 785lb January 3 Not the biggest bull by any means, but he's one of my favorites. Love how thick these calves out of our Camaro herd sire are.

IMG_2555sm_zpsmhba59cv.jpg

not a great picture of the bull, but the dog sure entertains himself playing with them... I don't know why they tolerate him, but they don't seem to mind him running around, laying with them and occasionally cleaning their ears.

I'll try to remember to update this thread as I take pictures of them. Thanks for letting me share.

Aaron - knowing what you usually think about Angus I'm going to take that as big compliment. Thank you! They don't lack hair that is for sure. They are all priced the same - $2750 this year.

I'm not a big angus fan either, but 59C looks nice, I like his look better than 130C, though 59C posed better. I'm all about reds :)

Latest posts