bull calf pics

Help Support CattleToday:

SRBeef":zfkq4dgg said:
Rocket, I know the logic is less pinkeye and fly problems with the color around the eyes however I have both full white face and goggle eyed and I see no difference at all.

Both seem to me to have about the same number of flies around the eyes during the peak of summer, you just don't notice them as much on the goggle eyed animals. But I see no difference at all due to coloring.

Rubs with permectrin and the dangling things seem to take care of both goggle and full white.

I do understand Knersie's thoughts on eye SET and think there is obviously some benefit in a grazing animal but I just do not see why a bit of color around the eyes is reason to lower value on a bull. Or have I just not seen the light yet?

Nice cow and calf by the way. And bull. I particularly like that cow. Goggle eyed or not.

Jim

As long as the eyelids are cream coloured and not pink it doesn't lower the what the animal is worth in terms of a breeding bull, but it lowers the value of money bullbuyers are prepared to pay for him.

CKC1586":k4vm17yo said:
I found a box of old pictures while going thru my parents things that got packed up when the house was sold, this is a picture of Grandpa's place and his Holsteins, he milked then sold out the dairy cattle and went to Herefords would have been late 40's early 50's when he went into the Herefords. Still haven't found any pictures of the Herefords.
IMG_00022.jpg

Thanks for the picture. Don't see to many of that "type" anymore, they look good.

KNERSIE":3pvmjitl said:
SRBeef":3pvmjitl said:
Rocket, I know the logic is less pinkeye and fly problems with the color around the eyes however I have both full white face and goggle eyed and I see no difference at all.

Both seem to me to have about the same number of flies around the eyes during the peak of summer, you just don't notice them as much on the goggle eyed animals. But I see no difference at all due to coloring.

Rubs with permectrin and the dangling things seem to take care of both goggle and full white.

I do understand Knersie's thoughts on eye SET and think there is obviously some benefit in a grazing animal but I just do not see why a bit of color around the eyes is reason to lower value on a bull. Or have I just not seen the light yet?

Nice cow and calf by the way. And bull. I particularly like that cow. Goggle eyed or not.

Jim

As long as the eyelids are cream coloured and not pink it doesn't lower the what the animal is worth in terms of a breeding bull, but it lowers the value of money bullbuyers are prepared to pay for him.

There's this perception that that eye pigment is the fix-all for eye problems, so they tend to be worth more with it.

Latest posts