Bull Calf, Need Opinions (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

kiku, I like to think that I am an objective person. Would you rather dun and mikec and the gang were dishonest. If they tell you he's great and he proceeds to throw a bunch of lousy calves, you would think that they were a bunch of knuckleheads. I think the best advice I can give you is to make business decisions with your head and not your heart and take objective advice from people who have been around for a while. Boone

kiku_fs":3fbm8e42 said:
dun":3fbm8e42 said:
Where is his butt and flank?

dun

Well he was our first bull, might have had some more if he would have been fed supplements, but he was grass fed.
kiku_fs - Listen to me carefully - WATCH MY LIPS! Supplements, corn, grain, extra feed - NONE of these nutrients will improve a genetically challenged animal! NONE! If the flank and butt is not there - the flank and butt IS NOT THERE! ABSENT! LACKING! VOID! MISSING! NON-EXISTENT! You can feed a Genetically and Phenotypically POOR animal until H3!! freezes like a frozen cow pie and he will still be a cow pie! Frozen or not!

With all of the information and opinions and help and guidance in animal selection you have been exposed to on these posts, I am sure that you KNOW you are showing us pictures of scrub, inferior bulls.

You remind me of my oldest son when he was in the late 'teen age "rebelling' stage of his life. He would deliberately throw a controversial subject in the middle of the after-dinner conversation and take the 'negative' side of the discussion just to see 'good ol' Dad' go through the ceiling. That provided him with a sort of diabolical glee - - -until 'good ol' Dad' woke up and realized that I was being taken for a ride. When I realized that Sonny Boy was 'playing the game' in front of my other "Two Sons" for effect, - - I closed off the game BE NICE quick!! Haven't played the game with him since! That was 43 years ago! It put a W I D E wedge in our relationship. Too bad! "Once insulted - shame on YOU! TWICE insulted - shame on ME!"

Frankly, I am sick and tired of attempting to help you learn something when I am sure that you have had enough pointers and instruction to already know the answers yourself!

kiku_fs - Tell me this: Tell us - IN DETAIL - what you consider that first bull's negative traits are (that means his bad points), and his positive traits are (that means his good points) for a Herd-Improving Beef Bull. Be specific and let us know how much we have helped you to become a better beef producer. If we haven't helped you with ALL the posts we have put at your disposal - you are a lost cause, and I am through trying to help you! If you REALLY don't know what we are talking about - - log onto "Google" or "Dogpile" and do a 'SEARCH' for pretty extensive answers. You will have to read and think - but maybe THAT is the answer for you, instead of other people telling you the same stuff over and over and over.

Do your best! I am eager to read your reply!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2frjajpf said:
kiku_fs":2frjajpf said:
dun":2frjajpf said:
Where is his butt and flank?

dun

Well he was our first bull, might have had some more if he would have been fed supplements, but he was grass fed.
kiku_fs - Listen to me carefully - WATCH MY LIPS! Supplements, corn, grain, extra feed - NONE of these nutrients will improve a genetically challenged animal! NONE! If the flank and butt is not there - the flank and butt IS NOT THERE! ABSENT! LACKING! VOID! MISSING! NON-EXISTENT! You can feed a Genetically and Phenotypically POOR animal until H3!! freezes like a frozen cow pie and he will still be a cow pie! Frozen or not!

With all of the information and opinions and help and guidance in animal selection you have been exposed to on these posts, I am sure that you KNOW you are showing us pictures of scrub, inferior bulls.

You remind me of my oldest son when he was in the late 'teen age "rebelling' stage of his life. He would deliberately throw a controversial subject in the middle of the after-dinner conversation and take the 'negative' side of the discussion just to see 'good ol' Dad' go through the ceiling. That provided him with a sort of diabolical glee - - -until 'good ol' Dad' woke up and realized that I was being taken for a ride. When I realized that Sonny Boy was 'playing the game' in front of my other "Two Sons" for effect, - - I closed off the game BE NICE quick!! Haven't played the game with him since! That was 43 years ago! It put a W I D E wedge in our relationship. Too bad! "Once insulted - shame on YOU! TWICE insulted - shame on ME!"

Frankly, I am sick and tired of attempting to help you learn something when I am sure that you have had enough pointers and instruction to already know the answers yourself!

kiku_fs - Tell me this: Tell us - IN DETAIL - what you consider that first bull's negative traits are (that means his bad points), and his positive traits are (that means his good points) for a Herd-Improving Beef Bull. Be specific and let us know how much we have helped you to become a better beef producer. If we haven't helped you with ALL the posts we have put at your disposal - you are a lost cause, and I am through trying to help you! If you REALLY don't know what we are talking about - - log onto "Google" or "Dogpile" and do a 'SEARCH' for pretty extensive answers. You will have to read and think - but maybe THAT is the answer for you, instead of other people telling you the same stuff over and over and over.

Do your best! I am eager to read your reply!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, your post made me a little sad. Please don't hold something against your son that he did when he was a teenager. Guys don't even usually grow up until they are late 20's. 43 years is a long time! Forget it, and love your son for who he is now.

I wasn't perfect with my parents growing up either. I got up grumpy every morning. Now I get up happy and ready to start my day.

When my husband and his brothers were young they would aggravate his mother until she blew her top. That is why they did it, to watch her blow her top. She remembers them doing that and thinks it is funny now. They are good people and love their mother very much and have an excellent relationship with her. It was just kid stuff.