Bull auctions

Help Support CattleToday:

Uncle Dude

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the bull sales on RFDTV, but I am shocked by the prices. I regularly see bulls sell for over $10,000 and sometimes several times that. My question is how do the buyers get back that amount of money to justify those prices? I can see that kind of price if the bull is selling semen all over the world, but there are too many bulls selling for lots of money that never make it to the ABS type websites.

Think about this way 10calves x$1,000=$10,000 and $1,000 is kind of low for what most sell "high end breeding stock."
Also if you have 50 head of cows and breed them all and get 50 calves x $500=$25,000 in one breeding season. So you already payed for the bull plus $15,000 worth of feed for the herd.

sim.-ang.king":2tw5jidc said:
Think about this way 10calves x$1,000=$10,000 and $1,000 is kind of low for what most sell "high end breeding stock."
Also if you have 50 head of cows and breed them all and get 50 calves x $500=$25,000 in one breeding season. So you already payed for the bull plus $15,000 worth of feed for the herd.

I wish it worked that way.........the price you get for a calf is NOT all profit :bang: :roll:

Didn't say it was all profit but that is how they fig. out for those prices and that is why people pay for those prices

Latest posts