Bull and some calves (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Thought everyone might enjoy a few more pictures. I took these today.

This bull hasn't seen anything but grass since he was sold as a yearling. He's 4 years old now. He bred around 40 head last fall for one of his other owners. He's a frame 5 bull.

IMG_1761.jpg

Some March and April calves.

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Very nice! A couple of those calves look especially good. I'd love to see them NEXT summer! Thank you.

Jim

northtexas":h54rf3oe said:
Great looking cattle as usual, Ned.

What's the breeding on the bull?

I like him.

Thanks, he's just one of them sorry Line One bulls ;-) .

northtexas":102z5fps said:
Well, I knew he was a sorry line one bull. I was hoping you'd be more specific :lol:

I think he came from the same herd your good looking, sorry Line One bull that you posted awhile back came from. This ones by 286M.

j4rcattle":3jpbydo0 said:
How would a man go about getting some semen out of this bull? Or buying hiM? ;-)

I see your a new poster, welcome, You can pm me, "personal message", about the bull, we do have semen available on him.

I won't be able to answer to many questions today, I'll be hauling bulls all day.

man thats 1 heck of a nice bull.an those calves are knockouts.an those bull calves are nice an thick.

This is an "informative" open letter to all of the CattleToday Forum members who are sincerely interested in discovering, learning, and understanding the finer points of breeding and raising EXCELLENT beef cattle.

Ned Jr. has just about the finest HERD of Hereford beef cattle that I have observed pictured on this forum. His breeding is an example of years of studying his BU$INE$$ and the minute details that are required in making a success of the Beef Catlle business. Many of you newer breeders have shown pictures and have asked questions - such as "What do you think of this Bull?" - or - "Critique this bull. I have a thick hide and can take criticism.". In order to answer these types of questions, many of the posters on CT have attempted to help you understand that more information is needed before one can really offer a reasonable kind of assistance for you than just giving an opinion of an individual animal, Bull or Cow. We need to know of what kind of cows your herd is comprised - Phenotype, Genetics, Ages, and the kind or type of operation you are running, such as Cow-calf, or Terminal (Feedlot candidates), size of your cow herd and many other details which will point us in the general direction of what you need to know for us to be able to help you in making breeding selection decisions - not "Just what we think of a particular bull".

These pictures that Ned Jr. has posted here show you what really can be accomplished by knowing what you wish to achieve in raising Beef Cattle, and the direction you want to take your herd IN THE FUTURE!

I suggest that you use these pictures as a TEMPLATE for patterning your efforts in raising beef cattle and aim for the success that Ned Jr. has acquired with HIS breeding program!

Ned, you have beautiful cattle, My Friend!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks for the replys everyone. :D

Herefords.US":4eoqufzl said:
I especially like the first bull calf, Ned! What is his sire/dam?

George

He's a 6050 son by a good 767 daughter.

Here's a picture of his dam a took a few years ago.

IMG_0516.jpg

Wow Ned Jr.!!! You have it all together. Great cattle. I believe DOC HARRIS said it all. You have my respect for the breed quality your turning out.

Ned you always post great pics of great cattle. If others on the board had as nice cattle I would be always complimentary. Lots of others just don't get it. My suggestion is that a few of the Hereford breeders get a bus and go to Colorado and buy some of Ned's cattle. I'd be very happy to have them. I would be interested to see how well they would do in harsher parts of our country. I suspect that if they come through the tough snowy winters they would do ok over here. :clap:

I wish that he were mine.

I hope that some of the posters who have posted pictures of their current and future herd sires see this thread, and take a sincere second look at their bulls.

Thank you for posting the pictures. I enjoyed looking at them. I have a fondness for Hereford cattle.

Australian":302wwqzc said:
Ned you always post great pics of great cattle. If others on the board had as nice cattle I would be always complimentary. Lots of others just don't get it. My suggestion is that a few of the Hereford breeders get a bus and go to Colorado and buy some of Ned's cattle. I'd be very happy to have them. I would be interested to see how well they would do in harsher parts of our country. I suspect that if they come through the tough snowy winters they would do ok over here. :clap:

I've seen Ned's cattle first hand and I can tell you that there is no real bottom end in his herd. Top to bottom, they are pretty consistent - and VERY good. A trip to see his cattle is certainly worthwhile.

The Line 1 cattle are distributed widely across the US and, from what I've observed and been told, they do pretty well everywhere....from Debters in the SE to Harrell's in the NW.

George

Wow!! Thanks again everyone. :D

Line one cattle do seem to work well in a lot of different environments. I think Herefords in general work well in as many different environments as any other breed.

George if you do make it to Colorado again this summer I hope you find time to stop by for another tour. :D

Herefords.US":2xwovrg0 said:
Australian":2xwovrg0 said:

I've seen Ned's cattle first hand and I can tell you that there is no real bottom end in his herd. Top to bottom, they are pretty consistent - and VERY good. A trip to see his cattle is certainly worthwhile.

The Line 1 cattle are distributed widely across the US and, from what I've observed and been told, they do pretty well everywhere....from Debters in the SE to Harrell's in the NW.

George
yep.... ive used a couple of their bulls in the past, some go further south then me

Latest posts