Bull Advice

Help Support CattleToday:

Colorado2008

Reaction score
I have a Stritly Business heifer. She is medium framed, very correct, very feminime. All of the judges seem to like her. She is long bodied and could use a little more muscling and bone. Her biggest fault could be her frame size but she is a mid-May calf. (2005)
My question is what to breed to. The ones I have in mind are Sin City, Pit Boss, Shiver, and Ali. I was looking to get a colored calf this year, and HAS TO BE TH FREE!!!

Any suggestions on what else or any good things about the bulls I have chosen?

I will try to post a picture of her later on this evening.

Thanks

:D 8)

Without seeing her I'd consider either Ali or wells fargo. I'm also told that Newsman will throw a stout calf but do-able for a heifer.

There is also a maine bull I like real well called TLM Bouncer 152L. He'll work on a heifer too. I use him on sloppy fronted average framed simmy cross heifers. He hasn't added any bone yet but doesn't take any away either. Small calves when they hit the ground.

Here is the bouncer bull at 3 years old.
bouncer0804.jpg

His info is on this page bout halfway down.
http://www.trulinemaines.com/herdsires.html

Ok I finally got around to taking some pictures of her. (I have no clue wether or not i am posting these right, if not, point me in the right directions please :p )

Side view (she's standing a little close in the back)
Sammyprofile.jpg

Butt view
Sammybutt.jpg

Front view-it's the best I could get...she was acting like herself LOL :lol:
Sammyfront.jpg

Heres a few more side views

Sammyprofile2.jpg

Sammygrass.jpg

234feb35.jpg

I have had people say no to Ali on her. So I did some more research and am strongly considering Carrousel 8 Meyer. He is claving ease and that was the main thing that I was worried about. ;-)

Thanks for the input!!!

~Colorado~ :)

You want to be realy careful what you breed to here. 8 meyer I hear good things about. There is also a Charolais bull owned by Tree Lane Farms of illinois names Conoco that is working on some heifers. I would stay away from any Shorthorns whether they claim they are easy calving or not. We just had a c-section out of Tonic and a heifer.

If color doesn't matter you could try totally tuned. If I were you I would breed her to Hard Core and be done with it.

heres a real maines colour none that are black around here mostly black and white or red and white
maine1.jpg

She has done very well in the show ring. Champion a couple times and first in all the other classes. She's just a May heifer so the older ones tend to beat her. :roll: :D :D

Couldn't get any 8 Meyer semen in time so I am going with Hardcore.

Thanks for your replys

~Colorado~

Colorado2008":3f7aztvq said:
She has done very well in the show ring. Champion a couple times and first in all the other classes. She's just a May heifer so the older ones tend to beat her. :roll: :D :D

Thanks for your replys

~Colorado~

Let me know how it turns out. That mating should work nicely for her first calf. Good Luck!

I have to say I share your agony, Aussie Cattleman.

But nevertheless, that is a gorgeous heifer and good luck with her! Let us know who you breed to/how the breeding goes!

Jay

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":usupbgpl said:
The handler girl is even better looking than that heifer though yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw.

Yeah back off SHE'S NOT FOR SALE!!!! :p :p :p :) :)

~Colorado~

Colorado2008":3bnklzx7 said:

Thanks for your replys

~Colorado~

Good Choice! Great looking heifer. May I ask, who is the breeder? I'm in the Maine business myself. Another option once she has had a calf, is Polleroid. He will add frame, muscle and bone.

AAOK":3p9uhm6q said:
Colorado2008":3p9uhm6q said:

Thanks for your replys

~Colorado~

Good Choice! Great looking heifer. May I ask, who is the breeder? I'm in the Maine business myself. Another option once she has had a calf, is Polleroid. He will add frame, muscle and bone.

Thanks, I like her too!! :pretty:

I got her from Don Healy in Dennison IA. He really didn't want to sell her but she was in the sale pasture so I talked him into it. She was a good buy! :mrgreen:

~Colorado~

Latest posts