Bulging eyes

Help Support CattleToday:

Rosielou

Reaction score
Today I was at the corral feeding the cattle and a few wondered over to the fence to say hello, and the bull decided to as well. I noticed that he has protruding eyes? It's not cancer eye, pink eye, they do not look irritated in fact. They're just sort or bulging out of the sockets? He has no problems with eyesight and he's perfectly healthy. I was just wondering if this is some sort of fault? His calves don't inherit it at all. He's a full blood angus.

And while I was at the sale barn, a black and white bull with a brockle face, who I assume was a Angus X Hereford, had the worst case of bulging eyes I have ever seen. He was an overall healthy bull, maybe a little bit on up there in age, but it looked like his eyes were going to pop right out of their sockets if he strained to hard, lol. But in all seriousness, is this some sort of fault? Or is this just a normalcy?

Heard of vitamin or mineral deficencies causing that problem. Is it possible that cattle can have thyroid problems?? In humans that can cause bulging eyes..
Nite Hawk

I have one cow who's eyes bulge somewhat, compared to the others. We call her Crazy eyes, and she doesn't seem to be offended by that. I don't think she is aware of all this political correctness crap. She has always been that way. I just considered it be a genetic/cosmetic thing, just like some humans have, although she has never passed this trait to her offspring. Hey, all of us look goofy to somebody.

Latest posts