Building cost

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I'm looking into have a 3 sided shed built for hay and equipment storage. So far I have abid of 5.75 a sq foot with 14 foot high sidewalls. How does the $ a sq ft sound

thanks
dun

Dun everything sounds high any more.

But at today's prices, that doesn't sound bad.

Is this going to be a pole barn or steel framed?

backhoeboogie":34t2empb said:
Dun everything sounds high any more.

But at today's prices, that doesn't sound bad.

Is this going to be a pole barn or steel framed?

Pole barn using trusses for the roof

dun

Sounds a little high Dun. We're about to build a new 30x60 with one side open,for exclusively storing square bales, and I'm looking at about 4,000.00 with all the Lumber, Trusses, and Metal. Thinking about using Light Poles for posts.

Crowderfarms":1ywkmhfn said:
Sounds a little high Dun. We're about to build a new 30x60 with one side open,for exclusively storing square bales, and I'm looking at about 4,000.00 with all the Lumber, Trusses, and Metal. Thinking about using Light Poles for posts.

The price includes labor, tax and everything. I think a couple of things that jacked the price is the trusses and the 14 foot high walls

dun

Pole Barn 40' x 60' No side wood truss 5' OC; 12- 14 side walls
Metal roof and Gables......$3.50 per square foot

Add 20' side shed ............$3.00 per square foot

Now this is on avg for my area. Hope this helps Dun.

Oh enclosed with metal Add ........$2.75 to the Original $3.50

Sounds cheap to me. We had a 40x64x12 built two years ago and all of the bids were around 20k. That was with 6x6s on 8' centers and the fancy painted metal. One short side is open, clear span trussed with overhangs, one sliding 12' door in the other short side and a handfull of light panels.

cfpinz

Crowderfarms":3v5p1ece said:

I had a blonde moment on this one. I said he shouldn't be using Light poles in building anything, especially something that tall. He needs heavy duty stuff. My husband said he's not talking light weight he's talking light :idea: poles. Oh well.

dun":18nir2p6 said:
I'm looking into have a 3 sided shed built for hay and equipment storage. So far I have abid of 5.75 a sq foot with 14 foot high sidewalls. How does the $ a sq ft sound

thanks
dun

Where did you go for the quote?

Gail

That sounds pretty close to me. Of course it depends on the square footage. Usually you'll find that smaller buildings are a little bit more money because there is more lumber per square foot and also on large buildings where they need extra equipment to crane trusses and such, there will be extra costs.