Building/assembling an AR.........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I bought a couple Anderson Lowers for $39/each, complete lower parts kits for $44/each on Ebay, and complete uppers for less than $300 with an M4 barrel at PSA. The way it looks I will have less than $450 in them when complete. I got the rest of the parts today. You better get them while you can because if Hillary gets in, those prices will sky rocket. I can't wait to start putting them together.

Anybody else went this route as those Anderson lowers look every bit as good as the Bushmasters I have.

Yeah, i started one but got side tracked with a bunch of medical bills. Started to look at it again a couple weeks ago and the rear end on my wife's suv went out...

Being responsible and not pulling money out of savings is getting in the way of my fun. Maybe next month?

Commercialfarmer":sr7xoo3l said:
What kind of stock are you using?

I have a couple of these, unless I decide to get adjustable ones. I like these, but they are not as evil looking as the adjustables. It is a matter preference.

iipsrv.fcgi

well, i want mine to be as evil as possible. going to add as much asault to it as i can, because i want it to be my asault weapon of choice.... for pigs.

But, more importantly, I need an adjustible stalk for the kids. its a good light cheap and fun caliber. Ordered a 22-250.... the price was right and i thought it would be fun, which it is. But the stock is too long for my daughter. So i figure adjustable is the way to go.

jltrent":2ewyyes9 said:
Commercialfarmer":2ewyyes9 said:
What kind of stock are you using?

I have a couple of these, unless I decide to get adjustable ones. I like these, but they are not as evil looking as the adjustables. It is a matter preference.

iipsrv.fcgi

I like the full size stocks also. That is what I use when I shoot. I have a lower with an adjustable also that I put on so it can be made a little short for my son.

kenny thomas":s4rxwhqd said:
What will you take for them once you get them assembled. I will take 10 and pay cash.
Kenny after following completed sales on GB you can buy right now for very little more than the parts cost individually. The only advantage I see you can build what you want if there is something a little different you like. I have the parts and have watched the videos for the two lowers, but still have not got them together. I should have bought them in the winter time.

jltrent":3emx9pjg said:
kenny thomas":3emx9pjg said:
What will you take for them once you get them assembled. I will take 10 and pay cash.
Kenny after following completed sales on GB you can buy right now for very little more than the parts cost individually. The only advantage I see you can build what you want if there is something a little different you like. I have the parts and have watched the videos for the two lowers, but still have not got them together. I should have bought them in the winter time.
The biggest difference is not the price but if one comes from Gunbroker there is a record of it and paperwork showing I own one. I have lots of guns I have bought that way but someday that may be a mistake. Lots better market for the ones with no paperwork. Build me one like the Lewis Machine and Tool AR I have and it will cost you a lot more. I bought it from a guy in Arizona on gunbroker.