Bugs!

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Guess what these critters are...
DSCF0022.JPG

There was about a half a dozen of em on the timothy head I shot a picture of.

Hasbeen":3q7isb9e said:
We call 'em stink bugs around here. They have a very unpleasant odor when frightened.
whoee don't they

Anyone know what this is? Looks mean.
unknownalien.jpg

I never knew the pleasure of hunting for these till I moved to MO. Thats a sewing pin laying next to it for size reference.
Seed ticks I can hate'em. Where else are they at?
seedtick.jpg

Unfortunately we also have seed ticks in Dickson. Warpaint's got a post going about chiggers but to me the seed ticks are the worst because unlike the bigger ticks and the chiggers you don't just get a few, you get about a 100 at a time with the lousy seed ticks. And even with Sevin dust on the legs of my overalls the seed ticks will get under to my socks and then my ankles are up next on their lunch menu.

Cuz

CUZ":1ljmgvln said:
Unfortunately we also have seed ticks in Dickson. Warpaint's got a post going about chiggers but to me the seed ticks are the worst because unlike the bigger ticks and the chiggers you don't just get a few, you get about a 100 at a time with the lousy seed ticks. And even with Sevin dust on the legs of my overalls the seed ticks will get under to my socks and then my ankles are up next on their lunch menu.

Cuz

For those real bad seed tick covering times, it's Sargaents to the rescue. I spray down with sargaents flee and tick spray, wait about 10 minutes and shave them off with a semi-sharp knife.

dun

We never saw seed ticks till about 12 yrs ago.
My son came in covered up with them(seemed like hundreds) all over his groin area-- I was thinking they were lice which I had never seen first hand either :)
I took him to the DR and she didn't know what they were either till she realized they looked just like a tick and did a little research.

We found that tape works good to get them off. Stick it down over them then scrape the tape off to the side with your finger pushing down -- instead of pulling straight up. Bonus they are stuck to the tape and can't get away.

Yeah they're stink bugs, but it was kind of hard to tell cause usually they're green.

dj, what the heck is that spikey catepillar-looking thing??

I hate to answer my own question, but it almost looks like a sea anenome that got really mad 'cause it lost most of its spikes ;-)