• Rarely do i get a bug in my eye.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i got a bug in my eye just today as a matter of fact-

• i get a bug in my every day it seems.

• i bet i get two or three of them things in there everday

• i get a buttload of bugs in my eye, evertime i turn around it seems.

• Total voters
Are gnats considered bugs? If so, I got a slough of em in my eyes today and probably ate a dozen or so as well. Kinda an everyday thing if you know what I mean. Doesn't really bother me until I see where the things seem to concentrate around my dog. :oops: :lol:

gnats count but mesquiters dont, they are lumped in the bird category. i always get some sort of little beetle in my eye in the afternoons when i'm checking on cows. and no, they are not dung beetles. i'm not quite THAT ugly.

What I hate is when they do get in my eye and don't die. Feels like they are doing a breast stroke in there.

One evening my husband and I were walking and of course I am just talking away and I swallow some sort of stink bug! Yuk, Yuk and Yuk!!!! Was a long way from home and no water. Nasty I tell you.

This year at the beginning of track season, I was stung by a yellow jacket on my actually eyeball. Three days of a swollen watery eye, and "did you get in a fight?"

ffamom":1koiluk6 said:
This year at the beginning of track season, I was stung by a yellow jacket on my actually eyeball. Three days of a swollen watery eye, and "did you get in a fight?"

Ouch!!!! I can't even imagine how that must have felt.

Seems I get a bug in my eye everyday, but that's only in the warm weather. :( But with 9 months of cold weather that knocks the average way down. :D

ive gotten a moth in my ear before. was very painful but actually sounds like a piece of cake compared to what ffamom had to go through.but i never seem to get bugs in my eyes that much.

Beefy":1jmqkflb said:
How often do you get a bug in your eye?

This made me think of a conversation I heard many years ago between two black men. One of the men(George) had one eye and wore a patch over the other. He had just gotten a car and the other guy (Walter ) rode with him to try the car out. Walter was fussing because George was driving to fast and wouldn't slow down. George told Walter he could handle the car just fine and just sit back and shut up. Walter kept fussing. George finally asked Walter why he was so afraid of riding with him at a high speed. Walter finally told George "you don't have but one eye. What you going to do if a nat gets in that one?"

I thought it was funny anyway. Walter did have a good point. :lol:

cattleluvr18":3eeo88kv said:
ive gotten a moth in my ear before. was very painful but actually sounds like a piece of cake compared to what ffamom had to go through.but i never seem to get bugs in my eyes that much.

I've gotten gnats in my ears, but my glasses keep the bugs outta my eyes.

My grandson wears contacts and he has fits with them when he drives the Polaris from all of the bugs and pollen that winds up in his eyes.

Alice

Beefy":2ipc1b55 said:
How often do you get a bug in your eye?

I have to admit, Beefy, this is one of the more interesting polls I have seen conducted on this site. :lol: 8)

I was bringing in the Laundry from the line today, and a fly flew up my nose, that was horrid, does this count.

I had a fruit fly lay eggs in my left ear once and had to have an operation to have them removed. fortunatly they did not damage any thing of importance in there, ie my ear drum.

chrisy":r52dt9r9 said:
I was bringing in the Laundry from the line today, and a fly flew up my nose, that was horrid, does this count.

I had a fruit fly lay eggs in my left ear once and had to have an operation to have them removed. fortunatly they did not damage any thing of importance in there, ie my ear drum.

I know this was awful, Chris, but I couldn't help but chuckle. I'm sorry.

And, about the fruit fly laying eggs in your ear...it made me think of something. My son-in-law lost the sight in one eye because a bug (I don't remember what kind) got caught in his eye while he was on a deer hunting trip in Colorado. He didn't get it out in time and it laid eggs in that eye.

Alice

Gate Opener":143xa104 said:
One evening my husband and I were walking and of course I am just talking away and I swallow some sort of stink bug! Yuk, Yuk and Yuk!!!! Was a long way from home and no water. Nasty I tell you.

I couldn't help but laugh at this because it reminds me of my wife. She can't go anywhere without getting a bug in her eye or mouth. I keep telling her she talks too much but she doesn't believe me... :lol:

cfpinz

As it's you Alice I will forgive you for laughing :lol: but it's the sort of thing I would do :roll: :)

sorry to hear about your Son-in-Law that must have been awful for him.

Alice":2j8wzdys said:

that's gross, glad mine was fruit fly eggs as I think I would have freaked, no I know I would have freaked if it had been spiders. The fly hadn't gone right inside my ear, it was inside the little V shaped bit. I found out by my ear swelling and sever pain, the Dr sent me for an X-Ray and thar's how they saw them and kept me in, and performed an emergancy op. They told me it is very rare in this Country, it is mainly in Tropical Countries this happens in. Every one said to me 'Trust you, only you could do something like that'.

Got a fireant in my eye once! You better believe I got it out in a hurry!!!!!

Latest posts