Buffalo Wings by Alton Brown

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo

Reaction score
Alton Brown Buffalo Wings (Good Stuff!!!)

Prep / Cook time - 40 minutes

Ingredients

* 12 whole chicken wings
* 3 ounces unsalted butter
* 1 small clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup hot sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions

Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom,
over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.

Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock.

Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint.

Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.

Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels
and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through
and the skin is golden brown.

While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
Pour this along with hot sauce and salt into a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken
and stir to combine.

Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce.
Serve warm.

I'll have to try that recipe. I just saw a show where he was making fried chicken. I'm trying it out tonight.

tips are the best part..always leave em on for gnawing...if theyre cooked right you can eat the bone and everythingup to the first joint.....yeah yeah..my wife didnt think so either til she tried it

Hot Wings are one of my favorite meals. There is a place in Sandy Springs, a suburb of Atlanta on the north side, that is called Three Dollar Cafe. They serve the best wings I have ever had. They also serve about 100 different types of beer. There is a waiting line about a block long on a normal evening.

Latest posts