buffalo and beefalo

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We were wantting to get a couple of buffalo and wanted to see if anyone could give us some advice. I've got a full blooded bull and a cross hefier that I'm looking at right now.

[email protected]

What are you planning to do with them? You'll get animals with low fertility in cross-species breeding. So if you're planning to raise calves, it's probably not a good choice. You will need VERY strong fences to keep the bull on your pasture. The neighbors will not enjoy a Buffalo bull breeding their cattle. If you're wanting exotic pets, I'd look at emus, llamas or something along that line. I live near a wildlife refuge and at least once a year, a tourist has to be hospitalized because they got out of their car and got too close to the Buffalo to take pictures. They are not a domesticated species. Good luck...

> We were wantting to get a couple
> of buffalo and wanted to see if
> anyone could give us some advice.
> I've got a full blooded bull and a
> cross hefier that I'm looking at
> right now.

[email protected]

>The market for buffalo is so very low, bulls that were once worth several thousand dollars 3 yrs ago will barely bring 600 now. Buffalo cows can only produce everyother year, and some bulls wont breed certian beef cows.They are very picky. Top producers here in ND and MT have lost so much because the bottom fell out of the buffalo market. And beefalo is just a joke. In my opinion, dont waste your money.

We were wantting to get a couple
> of buffalo and wanted to see if
> anyone could give us some advice.
> I've got a full blooded bull and a
> cross hefier that I'm looking at
> right now.

Latest posts