Bucking Stock sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Has anyone been to one of those sales? There's one not too far from us on RFD TV today. If we had realized that, we'd probably have gone. But after watching for a while, I'm not sure if the cattle go through the ring? Surely they do or they wouldn't have it at a sale barn, but apparently not all of them. Can anyone tell me how those sales work? :?

We watched some of it. I don't know how they run them, but I wouldn't want to try and bring them crazy bastards through the ring!

i got to watch a little bit of it. They look to be nothing more than some ridge cattle. looked like they had a few head hunters :)

I think those are some type of video auction. I'm not sure how they work, but I think that they take video feeds from the ranch(s) the cattle are from and then they auction through reps on site at ring and/or phone bidders. At least thats the way I see it working.

I've watched a few of those on RFD-TV and based on comments from the auctioneer, I always thought they were actually putting the cattle thru a ring at the site.

The sale this weekend was way down, I watched a bucking-bull-producing cow sale a few months ago, and those evil looking girls were bringing $3000-$4000 then.