Buck Randall- Mineral ???

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
BR, in an earlier post you mentioned people having a conversation with their vet about cattle health and one of the things you brought up was keeping mineral out. I'd like to know your thoughts about what exactly mineral helps with, especially breeding and calving issues. Also do you recommend the minerals like VitaFerm or using Multimin90? If yes to the Multimin90 should it be used even when mineral is kept out year round?

I am not Buck but since we had a mineral built specifically for this ranch our incidence of scours and other health issues has greatly decreased. We do vaccinate for a lot also but the mineral has made big changes. We are not people who give minerals by injection unless a specific condition is noticed.
Not all cows actually eat enough.

I have noticed that some of the third shift posts are sometimes lacking in substance. Maybe a good nights sleep would help improve things. Searching old threads to attack people - I don't see much value in that post. I look forward to posts that have good useful information, thought provoking information, or some humor. No redeeming social value in that post.

Guys, don't pile on cjhames. I appreciate him helping me start my day with a laugh, and bringing a post that I missed to my attention.

I agree with gcreek about the Multimin. It's a good product, but not a substitute for free choice mineral. Minerals are needed for efficient growth, reproduction, and immune function. They probably have other benefits, too, but those are the big ones.

Guys, don't pile on cjhames. I appreciate him helping me start my day with a laugh, and bringing a post that I missed to my attention.

I agree with gcreek about the Multimin. It's a good product, but not a substitute for free choice mineral. Minerals are needed for efficient growth, reproduction, and immune function. They probably have other benefits, too, but those are the big ones.
What did you do to that guy? He seems very angry. Lol.

Yeah that one kinda came out of left field
Don't knock left field! Barry Bonds, Ted Williams, Stargill and the Yaz are all top drawer!
If you can't take the pitch, buy popcorn and sit in the stands..

Latest posts