Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

the old one has been too small for a long time and getting in and out on a weekend has been a hassle. I'm glad to see the company doing so well and growing
So is the one in Giddings. Basically just a kinda big conv store. May be the very 1st Buc-ees I was ever in tho.

I don't care much about the place or the long walk from the pumps to the restroom. I love the ole fashioned pink peanut patties though that nobody seems to carry anymore. I never see a Buc-ees sign or store that doesn't make me think about stopping for one of those.

No Buc-ees any where near here. This is the only place I ever even heard of them. The last time I was in Texas was the fall of '72. My guess is they weren't big in west Texas back then.

There is a new Luv's and a new Maverick truck stops being built along the freeway in Baker City. There is already 3 small truck stops around the freeway exit. I guess they figured there is money in the 15,000-20,000 freight trucks going by here everyday.

No Buc-ees any where near here. This is the only place I ever even heard of them. The last time I was in Texas was the fall of '72. My guess is they weren't big in west Texas back then.

There is a new Luv's and a new Maverick truck stops being built along the freeway in Baker City. There is already 3 small truck stops around the freeway exit. I guess they figured there is money in the 15,000-20,000 freight trucks going by here everyday.
Yeah, the first one opened some time in the early '80's.

I've never seen a Buc-ee's. Don't have a clue where the nearest one is. Same with Costco. The closest we have to those places is a Walmart with a Murphy's in the same parking lot. The other stations near here are independent one-off mom/pop type places, but most of them offer real gasoline and I've never had to wait in line at the pump. Only a couple have the option to pay at the pump.

Buc-ees still isn't 'big in West Texas". (You aren't really in WEST Texas until you're West of the Pecos River)

bucceesmap.jpg

That's going to change tho, with the new construction starting this year.

Unless my googlefoo is handicapped, I don't see any in Arkansas. If I see one during my limited travels, I'll stop and check it out, for the same reason my wife and I stopped at a dispensary in Colorado; insatiable curiosity. I couldn't figure out whether it was a pharmacy or a candy store.

Gas is $4.31 cash in Myrtle Point Oregon. It was $4.40 something. People can't afford snacks. No electric charging stations either, ha ha.

Gas is $4.31 cash in Myrtle Point Oregon. It was $4.40 something. People can't afford snacks. No electric charging stations either, ha ha.
Gas in Baker City is $3.99 at a couple of the stations. Diesel at North Powder was $4.15 yesterday. Four cents cheaper than Baker so I filled up. There is a couple of charging stations at the old Baker truck corral. I haven't ever seen a car hooked up to one of them. Electric cars aren't very popular in eastern Oregon or with long distance travelers passing through.

Unless my googlefoo is handicapped, I don't see any in Arkansas. If I see one during my limited travels, I'll stop and check it out, for the same reason my wife and I stopped at a dispensary in Colorado; insatiable curiosity. I couldn't figure out whether it was a pharmacy or a candy store.
Breaking ground for a new buc-ees in Arkansas. Exit 114 on I-30

Latest posts