Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

Have you been to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky. I will start planning for it soon. Its in February. All indoors with around 350,000 people in 4 days. Several members meet there.
I have never been to the machinery show. I have been to the Expo Center many times for the November North American livestock show and trade show. Also for Kentucky beef expo and various simmental shows/events/sales. My first trip there was 1976 for the national junior polled hereford show. I hope to attend the North American next month. Anyone else going to the livestock show?

Louisville is about an 8 hour trip from here depending on number of stops. Depending on route chosen, it is possible to see 2 Buc-ee's locations on that trip.

I have never been to the machinery show. I have been to the Expo Center many times for the November North American livestock show and trade show. Also for Kentucky beef expo and various simmental shows/events/sales. My first trip there was 1976 for the national junior polled hereford show. I hope to attend the North American next month. Anyone else going to the livestock show?

Louisville is about an 8 hour trip from here depending on number of stops. Depending on route chosen, it is possible to see 2 Buc-ee's locations on that trip.
Jeanne is showing Simmental. If you go yell at me. I haven't been in a few years. Might run down for a day.
Yes come across I-40 and catch the one in Sevierville and then up I-75 and stop at Richmond.

Well, I did it... I made a fast trip to south central TN to a friend's place... and stopped in the Buc-ee's in Sevierville TN that opened recently... Yep the brisket sandwich is good although a bit more pepper than I like... and the rest rooms are as CLEAN as everyone says they are... and one nice thing... the stalls are more roomy and each one has the "handrail" that most places only have in the "handicap" stall... very very nice.... Crazy place to go in and yes, you can spend a small king's ransom if you are not careful... no, I did not go crazy.... and gas was cheaper than the stations around and I am sure it is hurting some of the older more established stations... but for many I am sure once the "novelty" wears off, they will see increases in the local, in and out, gas stations.. This is the "jumping off " place for Dollywood, Pigeon Forge and the Smokeys... so it was crazy...
Yes I did get the little sticker... and a sandwich going, and coming home...
You should have let us know you were heading this way. You passed within a couple of miles of my place on your trip. I personally am not crazy about the BBQ sauce Buc-ee's uses (too sweet for me). They have a steak burrito that definitely has some Texas kick as far as heat goes.

The Farm Machinery show is really something to see. It has been several years since I have been but, it is like Disney World for Ag equipment. My father used to have a booth there where he sold his fencing tools.

@sstterry ... If I had had more time, there was another person I wanted to go see up closer to Nashville, with goats, on the BYH forum I go on; and I would have mentioned it on here and maybe taken an extra day...to see if I could stop in at a couple of guys places... but I met a friend from TX that came to Cornersville, to get a ram lamb and did it in a fast turnaround trip... Left home here at 6:30 Tuesday... got down there Tues afternoon with the traffic in Knoxville with the construction/road work... stayed over at another friend's place where she got the ram lamb, spent some time Wed a.m. and headed home after 12-1 and then got caught up in more traffic and got home at 11 p.m. so 10 hours m/l... We had to get cattle in Thursday for a neighbor that we work his cattle in the spring, make the hay , and get up and trailer his calves in the fall to the sale...
Didn't even contact @kenny thomas to stop in there...
But I am hoping that next year I can take 2-3 days and just make a "sweep" around and see a few places/people.... just for a "mini" vacation away....Before I get too da#@%& old to do things like this...
Kinda like the idea of going to the Farm Show... don't know if I can swing it....

Jeanne is showing Simmental. If you go yell at me. I haven't been in a few years. Might run down for a day.
Kenny,
Wife and I are planning to be at the Louisville NAILE livestock show on Monday November 13 and Tuesday morning Nov 14. Let me know if you attend.

Already touched base with Jeanne. Anyone else attending this year? Lots of cattle to see. Lots of stuff in the trade show. And lots of crowds to navigate through.

Kenny,
Wife and I are planning to be at the Louisville NAILE livestock show on Monday November 13 and Tuesday morning Nov 14. Let me know if you attend.

Already touched base with Jeanne. Anyone else attending this year? Lots of cattle to see. Lots of stuff in the trade show. And lots of crowds to navigate through.
I have a full day of tests and dr visit at the heart center on the 13th. I will see how that day goes. I sure would like to go.

I have a full day of tests and dr visit at the heart center on the 13th. I will see how that day goes. I sure would like to go.
If I had a full day at the doctor, I would need some rest afterwards. First priority is to take care of family and oneself. Hope you are doing better and recovering, and all goes well with tests. Maybe get that gritty guy from south Georgia to chauffeur you and buy lunch. Seems like he was a traveling kind of guy.

@kenny thomas If I came down 81 and picked you up when you were out there.. hitchhiking ?????? So sorry you have the dr stuff on the 13th... I would really have liked to get together, maybe tagged along, and gone too.... but leaving late on the 13th would be rough.... and on the 14th it would probably be too late to get there to meet up....... Was going to pm you to see if you were going... would really like to go also but not going by myself....

@kenny thomas If I came down 81 and picked you up when you were out there.. hitchhiking ?????? So sorry you have the dr stuff on the 13th... I would really have liked to get together, maybe tagged along, and gone too.... but leaving late on the 13th would be rough.... and on the 14th it would probably be too late to get there to meet up....... Was going to pm you to see if you were going... would really like to go also but not going by myself....
That might work but you can go across I-64 from Lexington VA and be in Louisville before you could get here.

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is with Buc-ee's. The last time I was around that Fort Collins area was six years ago.

Latest posts