BSE trail goes cold

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie":37eskvvs said:
Where the be nice do you pick that garbage up I never once said that I don,t believe in supply and demand..I said I did not think a one-time per head $30 dollar fee would hurt supply the way you think it would I,m sure you had a head injury at some point.

So, you DO believe in supply and demand, but you DON'T think $30/head would affect supply.. Hmmmm.. If that were the case, then prices would already be $30/head lower than they are right now. That's how supply and demand works. Buyers pay as little as they can to keep supply up, and producers make as little as they can to continue producing...

It's not just me saying that, mind you.. It's basic economic principal..

It would all depend..Now would you bale out if that happened.

What in the world could it depend on, frenchie?!?? Talk about head injuries... :roll: If my profits were running at about $100/head, I'd absolutely bale if a $300 fee were imposed on slaughter cattle. Why would I continue to raise cattle at a consistent $200/head loss??

Why would ANYBODY?? (Oh, wait, they wouldn't... Supply and demand rears its head again!)

For the 3rd time...I have to lose money consistently. And in case you can,t figure that out ..I have over the good yrs.. consistently put a certain % of funds away for a rainy day. To draw on in lean times...
I said it before I,m in this for the long haul.

Nice try, but you still haven't answered the question.. Since I've asked it about three times already, I can see that I'm going to have to ask you the question differently..

Here goes: Frenchie, would you continue to raise cattle for a consistent $50/head profit, with no increase in sight?

Now, to give you a leg up, here's my game plan after you answer.. If you say yes, I'll go lower. If you say no, I'll go higher... Eventually :shock: we'll get to the figure I was asking for to begin with... When we get to that figure, I'll remind you that there are producers out there with the same bottom dollar as you, who are already within $30 of it.. All that's left to do is add that $30 fee and POOF -- they drop out, and the supply side is undeniably shrunken. You've already said that you believe in supply and demand, so you shouldn't have a problem seeing that, as supply shrinks, prices increase. In other words, the market corrects...

This getting tiring..Talk about getting off topic Geez....What are you trying to prove here..I never once said I don,t believe in supply and demand and its effects on the market..I said i don,t believe a one -time per head $30 fee.would effect the market the way you seem to think.In other words i don,t agree with you do you get it huh ..i doubt that you do.Like talking to a post

I'm trying to prove that, just because a $30/head loss in profit might not make YOU reconsider raising cattle, it would certainly have that effect on some producers who are barely skimming by as it is...

(Ya know, when put that simply, it makes the whole concept seem even MORE like a no brainer......)

frenchie":v5pfzcva said:
It would all depend..Now would you bale out if that happened.

cmjust0":v5pfzcva said:
What in the world could it depend on, frenchie?!?? Talk about head injuries... :roll:

dunce: Man you are so stupid.......It would depend on what you are getting for your cattle ..talk about a**&@#!@@#!@# brain-dead @8#*&^%#@#@!!Wannabe..: And before you start yapping about a 100.00 profit to work with

Is this not the Exact question that you asked me.... :?: hmmmm Yes Or No:

cmjust0":v5pfzcva said:
So, lemme ask YOU specifically: If there were a $300/head fee imposed by some agency for some reason, would you continue to raise cattle -- hypothetically:

where in there does it say you are operating on a 100.00 profit .. Absolutely nowhere. :?: better luck next time :dunce: :

Nice try, but you still haven't answered the question.. Since I've asked it about three times already, I can see that I'm going to have to ask you the question differently..

Enuff... Don,t bother...I answered your question several times already.I am prepared to indure negative margins in several consecutive years.

I wrote...

cmjust0":108irigg said:
If my profits were running at about $100/head, I'd absolutely bale if a $300 fee were imposed on slaughter cattle. Why would I continue to raise cattle at a consistent $200/head loss??

...then you wrote...

frenchie":108irigg said:
dunce: Man you are so stupid.......It would depend on what you are getting for your cattle ..talk about a**&@#!@@#!@# brain-dead @8#*&^%#@#@!!

Hmm... Well, I told you what I was getting -- $100/head profit.. And if I was getting $100/head profit, the imposition of a $300/head fee puts me down $200/head, just like I said..

Then, you went on to say...

Is this not the Exact question that you asked me.... hmmmm Yes Or No:

cmjust0 wrote:
So, lemme ask YOU specifically: If there were a $300/head fee imposed by some agency for some reason, would you continue to raise cattle -- hypothetically:

where in there does it say you are operating on a 100.00 profit .. Absolutely nowhere. better luck next time

Uhhh... Again, look above and you'll see EXACTLY where I said I was operating on a $100/head profit.. :roll:

Might I suggest taking an English class with you Economics class, because you clearly have a problem with reading comprehension.. :dunce:

Enuff... Don,t bother...I answered your question several times already.I am prepared to indure negative margins in several consecutive years.

The fact that you're giving up there tells me everything I need to know. Have a good day! :lol:

cmjust0":1pha03ng said:
I wrote...

Hmm... Well, I told you what I was getting -- $100/head profit.. And if I was getting $100/head profit, the imposition of a $300/head fee puts me down $200/head, just like I said..

frenchie":1pha03ng said:
yeah right after I answered your original question which was....

cmjust0":1pha03ng said:
cmjust0 wrote:
..So, lemme ask YOU specifically: If there were a $300/head fee imposed by some agency for some reason, would you continue to raise cattle -- hypothetically: ..

So tell me where in the above original underlined quote did you mention a 100.00 profit....where in there does it say you are operating on a 100.00 profit .. Absolutely nowhere. better luck next time :roll wannabe
!!

frenchie":1pha03ng said:

The fact that you're giving up there tells me everything I need to know. Have a good day! :lol:

..Giving up now thats real rich .. Do you even realize what you have been asking me. :roll: ..You are asking me to lie ....Your original question to me was
what it would take fiancially for me to exit the cattle business..I told you what it would take.......... I have always figured that in a 10 yr period..I will do really well for 3 or 4 yrs , that i will pretty much break-even or perhaps make a small profit for 3-4 ys .and likely lose some money for 2 or 3 yrs. And this has been pretty what has happened over the last almost 30 yrs that I have owned cattle...I have planned for it in my business plan... Which I have followed faithfully for yrs ..So now You would like me to put my business plan aside and lie just because it would give you the answer you want. :?:

You can K.M.A

I think your one of these fellas that think there will never be a bad day in the cattle -industry. That you will always make a profit . :lol: I got some bad news for you There are more tough yrs ,than there are good years. Ask any of the old fellars on this board.

frenchie":1w3paph0 said:
You can K.M.A

:lol: :lol: Super... :lol:

frenchie":1w3paph0 said:
I think your one of these fellas that think there will never be a bad day in the cattle -industry.

Surprise, surprise.. You're wrong again. :lol:

Latest posts