Bryan's Boot Camp

Help Support CattleToday:

Imagine that, discipline does help kids learn right from wrong, wonder how long it will take parents today to figure out how much a lack of it hurts their kids.

slick4591":2blj8gj6 said:
Bestoutwest":2blj8gj6 said:
So him posting this on Youtube isn't bullying?

Explain how it would be, please.

Because this is no different than a kid making another kid stand in the rain while he stands under an awning while waiting for the bus. Putting it on Youtube is just attention getting for the father. Honestly, it's pretty childish. Take away the things the kid likes. Have a conversation why it's not acceptable. This guy could be communicating with his kid why it's not ok to be a dick, yet he's being a dick. It's pretty much a monkey-see-monkey-do situation. And I bet the biggest takeaway this kid has is to not get caught next time.

Most people don't recognize a parent as being on the same level as their child. In my household a parent was the parent and not an equal. If I screwed up my dad would usually bust my a$$ pretty good and that was it. It took a while, but it finally dawned on me to do the right things and I wouldn't have consequences to suffer.

Apparently, Bryan has a different way of doing it and I, for one, respect him taking hold of his child and being a parent instead of those that ignore and wipe their butts after puberty. As I was raising mine I was never a friend, buddy or otherwise. I was their parent first and all the other stuff followed. I'll tell you up front that as long as a parent is being one I'll never see them as a bully.

I'll agree that being your kid's friend is not acceptable. Having taught, the meanest kids came from the meanest households. This kid isn't a bully for no reason. Somewhere along the line he's learned it, and I'm suspecting it's his dad. There's better ways to parent.

I remember sneaking off from home, and going down to the river.. And getting my butt whipped with a belt all the way back home..walking past folks all the way ...don't remember a single one of them coming to my defense...

Bestoutwest":2gvzgi2g said:
I'll agree that being your kid's friend is not acceptable. Having taught, the meanest kids came from the meanest households. This kid isn't a bully for no reason. Somewhere along the line he's learned it, and I'm suspecting it's his dad. There's better ways to parent.

Obviously this new parenting technique ain't all it's cracked up to be. Just look at the way things are going. Didn't get like this until 30 or so years ago.

This generation kills there class mates because of this new way of parenting. What this world's needs is more kids getting their azz beat for being bad. Some parents could use a good azz whooping too.

Bestoutwest
We recently had two young girls 14-15 killed in an accident where a 20 yr old driving drunk hit them head on. Turns out his Mother has bailed him out twice for driving drunk before. DO you think that perhaps had he been punished enough the first time instead of bailed out this could have been prevented. If he was my son I would have whipped his butt so hard he would remember it every time he twisted a cap, and maybe these young girls would still be enjoyed by their parents. You can't be friends with your kids. You have to be a PARENT!

slick4591":iy0nmatq said:
Obviously this new parenting technique ain't all it's cracked up to be. Just look at the way things are going. Didn't get like this until 30 or so years ago.
You mean ""time outs""" take away their smart phones for a week..when I was younger the bully was a sheep in wolves clothing..you knock the he!, out of them they'd shatter like glass....

bbirder":2w54es4p said:
Bestoutwest
We recently had two young girls 14-15 killed in an accident where a 20 yr old driving drunk hit them head on. Turns out his Mother has bailed him out twice for driving drunk before. DO you think that perhaps had he been punished enough the first time instead of bailed out this could have been prevented. If he was my son I would have whipped his butt so hard he would remember it every time he twisted a cap, and maybe these young girls would still be enjoyed by their parents. You can't be friends with your kids. You have to be a PARENT!

Drunk driving and bullying are a tad bit different. There's nowhere in my post that says you shouldn't parent. I'm saying don't be s dick to your kid if you don't want your kid to be a dick.

A dick to whom? Their kids? I know my dad was dick to me at the time. I grew up. I was a dick to my daughter, but she grew up. When you use that word as a descriptor I thing good parent. Be a dick and raise your kid right. This parenting thing ain't no calk walk. If your are not proactive in raising your kids right that's when I think you are being the dick and not a parent.

It was "ok" until he mentioned people watching the video 'if they need a laugh'. That's where I start questioning his motives.

Bestoutwest":2dikf3m9 said:
slick4591":2dikf3m9 said:
Bestoutwest":2dikf3m9 said:
So him posting this on Youtube isn't bullying?

Explain how it would be, please.

Because this is no different than a kid making another kid stand in the rain while he stands under an awning while waiting for the bus. Putting it on Youtube is just attention getting for the father. Honestly, it's pretty childish. Take away the things the kid likes. Have a conversation why it's not acceptable. This guy could be communicating with his kid why it's not ok to be a dick, yet he's being a dick. It's pretty much a monkey-see-monkey-do situation. And I bet the biggest takeaway this kid has is to not get caught next time.
I got to take Bryans side on this one.
Lot of difference in a kid making another stand in the rain and a Dad making in kid run to school in it after he was kicked off the bus being bad.

A mile is not very far.
Back when I was able to run I found running in the rain enjoyable. So did others.
I think the kid got off light.
He is lucky that he has a conscientious father.

I have a good friend who's son never received any "humiliation" like that. He ended up dropping out of HS, and hanging with the wrong crowd. He's been in trouble with the law several times. Now his picture is in the paper with 7 others all charged with felony murder.

I think some of that "bullying" by the adults at an early age directs the youngsters whether they like it or not. I'd guess these families would rather have any kind of humiliation over seeing the full page articles describing the murder scene while making a drug deal.

Latest posts