brush rake

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever turned a tractor blade into a brush rake?

After the big ice storm I have a bunch of limbs to shove out of the fields, more than I care to stack by hand.

I have a heavy old blade I would like to work on to make it better suitable to push brush with. So it won't dig into the ground or allow the limbs to come over the top.

Pictures would be nice.

My mind isn't very creative right now, and I just got thru looking at the Farm Show Magazine and didn't see anything.

Thanks
Dan

Dan
you can take the rippers off of an old box blade and mount them on the straight blade and then build a rack out of angle iron and flat steel for the top to keep brush from coming over the top then fix it to attach to you front end loader

you just need to make sure you aren't digging in the dirt with them

another way is to attack spikes to your loader bucket like the old manure buckets had

the best brush stacker would be an old 30A stack mover it has them big long forks on it.an it is 3pt hook up.it would need very little modafying.

I just turned my rear blade backwards and didn;t put it all the way to the ground. Had to backup to push the piles but it worked slick and didn;t cost me anything plus I still have the blade.

dun":3dvs2ok2 said:
I just turned my rear blade backwards and didn;t put it all the way to the ground. Had to backup to push the piles but it worked slick and didn;t cost me anything plus I still have the blade.
I've been doing that and the brush tries to come over the top. And I guess my control aint too good because I dig in to the ground once in a while.

I have two blades so I can experiment on this one.

I don't have a loader, wish I did. It is on the future wish list.

My father in law just bought a brush grapple for his John Deere, it is real handy. But he lives next to me and it is gonna be busy for quite a while.
I have never seen so many broken off limbs in my life.

You could probably weld some ripper shanks on the face of that blade, add a little reinforcement to keep them from turning sideways and have a pretty good tool for cleanup. Weld some metal on top of the blade to allow pushing larger piles. You might have to make the top extensions a pin in design so the blade could be reversed. Got some potential here!

Don't know what type of blade you have but if it swivels all the way around backward you could take some heavy rod,or pipe and weld them about a foot apart vertically to the blade. You would have to adjust the bottom height as to how high your blade will lift. Probably will be go about one foot below blade. The top will protrude several feet above your blade so the brush will not ride over your blade, the bottom will act as a comb so the blade will not ride up. If you have ever seen a brush rake that goes on the front of a dozer it would look something like that. Hope my thoughts are understandable.

Latest posts