Brush Hog or Ford Disk

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
There are two tandom disks I am looking at - - one is a heavy duty 9' Brush Hog and the other is a 13' Ford. Any feedback on the reliability on rocky ground, or any weak wear points to inspect, for either make?

Never owned either, but the BH discs I've seen at farm sales were well made. I've seen a bunch of old Ford discs that were not as heavy, just looked cheap to me. And that's coming from a Ford man.

cfpinz

Stocker Steve":1gu36c7t said:
There are two tandom disks I am looking at - - one is a heavy duty 9' Brush Hog and the other is a 13' Ford. Any feedback on the reliability on rocky ground, or any weak wear points to inspect, for either make?
id go with brush hog disc if it was me.you want as heavy of a frame as you can get.so the disc will cut deep in the ground.a light disc wont cut to good.

The bearings and disks are about the only thing to wear, and should be pretty easy to check.
Compare the thickness of the disks, size of the bearings, and sturdyness of the frame. I'll bet the Bush hog will be the heavier of the two.

Latest posts