Brush Guard Part II

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
The Brush Guard thread got me wanting to put one on my truck.

I'd like something heavy duty. Can you post a pic of yours if you'd recommend it? I'll take the pic to my truck guys to order one and put it on.

I'd appreciate any specs that might help, gauge, stainless, whatever.. I don't want a piece of junk. Bumping cattle and smashing deer is why I want it.

Thanks

I don't have a pic of mine, I'll try to get one later, but checkout the websites for Ranch Hand and Frontier truck accessories. Those two are the most popular around here, and both are stout and well built. I have a Frontier myself.

Just remember if they're not sure enough pretty stout (heavy and frame mounted) they might do more harm than good. I had one of those light ones years ago (was on the truck when I bought it), and it got left in neutral at a gate (not by me - lol) and rolled, not hard, into the corner of a barn - if it hadn't been there it would've just dented the bumper a bit, but as it was it bent the bumper, broke out the grill and dented up the front of the hood...

Thanks DLD. What you described is exactly what I am trying to avoid and to do it right the first time.

Here is the Ranch Hand.

GGC151BLS.jpg

Some reason photo bucket always cuts of the right side. Going to start aiming right I guess. This is a very heavy duty ranch hand. You can see the large pipe bumper. Also section in front radiatior is filled with expanded metal. Has a 2 inch Hitch receiver built in. Pretty handy. We pull long stretches of net wire with it all the time. Been through 2 deerstrikes. 10 years it's good as new. When the truck goes it stays. It's a good un

fenceman":lch6vse1 said:
Some reason photo bucket always cuts of the right side. Going to start aiming right I guess.

Your photo is to large aiming right won't help. You need to resize your photo to 640 wide.

slick4591":75gdgahj said:
fenceman":75gdgahj said:
Some reason photo bucket always cuts of the right side. Going to start aiming right I guess.

Your photo is to large aiming right won't help. You need to resize your photo to 640 wide.

Thank sir. :tiphat:

fenceman":2v3s226i said:
slick4591":2v3s226i said:
fenceman":2v3s226i said:

Thank sir. :tiphat:

+1 been having the same issue :tiphat:

You are both welcome. Photobucket doesn't get in any hurry when you resize, so the changes when you post here may not be immediate.

Latest posts