Brucellosis

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/china-brucellosis-bacterial-outbreak-infects-thousands-after-lanzhou-factory-leak/ar-BB197N2t?ocid=msedgdhp

The USA pretty well has this disease under control will lax vaccinations and testing let if come back.

That, was an interesting read JD, and it does (perhaps) lend some measure of credence.. both to China's problems with seemingly lax biological lab safeguards and to their response. Been a long time since I've heard much about bangs.

Any disease can make a comeback in this country and any other if vaccinations aren't kept up.
We will be in deep pooh pooh if smallpox ever gets back into the human species, as the last time smallpox vaccinations were mandatory was 40 years ago and there are 'supposedly' only 2 storage facilities in the world with smallpox vaccine stocks.......USA and Russia and the potency of those stocks is questionable.

Considering the massive refusals of vaccinations around the world from the "very smart", who decided that they understand more in infectious diseases than people who made the decision about the need for vaccination, we will soon come down to massive epidemics again. But measles walks in Europe, somewhere more, somewhere less. But this is the first sign that the world is in danger...

'soon'?
That horse left the gate months ago.

I've heard of mumps parties and chicken pox parties held to give young children 'herd immunity'.

greybeard said:
'soon'?
That horse left the gate months ago.

I've heard of mumps parties and chicken pox parties held to give young children 'herd immunity'.

I hear some of these generation "z" kids are having covid parties as well.

Australia eradicated Brucellosis in the late 70's. The procedure was to stop vaccinating and start rigorous testing with slaughtering of the +ves. The rationale was that vaccinating with the live strain 19 vaccine gave too many false +ves and eradication wasn't possible until vaccinating had ceased. I did a bit of testing on a couple of herds. I think it was 3 clear tests after culling of the +ves.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Australia eradicated Brucellosis in the late 70's. The procedure was to stop vaccinating and start rigorous testing with slaughtering of the +ves. The rationale was that vaccinating with the live strain 19 vaccine gave too many false +ves and eradication wasn't possible until vaccinating had ceased. I did a bit of testing on a couple of herds. I think it was 3 clear tests after culling of the +ves.

Ken

At the sale barn there was nothing that would piss off a producer (cattle traders were worse) than telling them they couldn't sell cows at the sale that day because they had a strain 19 cow throw a false positive. That would hold the whole group until the state inspector gave the okay to sell the rest of the group, but the positive had to go home and be retested. If she retested positive she could either go home and get retested again or be branded "S" suspect on the jaw. They had to go straight to slaughter. Probably only saw 3 has branded in the ten years I worked there. Never did see the BANGER "B" brand get used.

I do remember the Bangs days. One thing that stands out in my memory was taking my bovines to the sale barn, making the loop from entering the property, around the back to get into the unloading chute. In that loop, in the rear of the property was a Bangs testing station, I guess It was a Vet. I saw sitting on a stool testing an animal, and a Beefmaster cow, goodlooking critter, had exited the station with a big red "B" rattle can painted on her rump.

Latest posts