broomsage

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

If I bushog a feild of broomsage that has good grass under it can i then lime and kill the broomsage for that year provided I put spread enough lime on it.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

(User Above)":10n75yaf said:
: If I bushog a feild of broomsage that has good grass under it can i then lime and kill the broomsage for that year provided I put spread enough lime on it.<p>I don't think it will kill it the first year unless you till it heavily. The lime will help along with some fertilizer and grazing. Cutting for hay will help some but mostly grazing with fertilizer and lime. Takes time but you will get rid of it in 3 to 5 years.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3d2pvzc0 said:
: : If I bushog a feild of broomsage that has good grass under it can i then lime and kill the broomsage for that year provided I put spread enough lime on it.<p>: I don't think it will kill it the first year unless you till it heavily. The lime will help along with some fertilizer and grazing. Cutting for hay will help some but mostly grazing with fertilizer and lime. Takes time but you will get rid of it in 3 to 5 years.<p>
<br>

(User Above)":1kxf24x4 said:
: : If I bushog a feild of broomsage that has good grass under it can i then lime and kill the broomsage for that year provided I put spread enough lime on it.<p>: I don't think it will kill it the first year unless you till it heavily. The lime will help along with some fertilizer and grazing. Cutting for hay will help some but mostly grazing with fertilizer and lime. Takes time but you will get rid of it in 3 to 5 years.<p>Thanks for the info Phil. This is a great way place for info............
<br>

Latest posts