Broken Trail

Help Support CattleToday:

I did I thought it was good, I love Robert Duvall in anything. I even like the way they put the trafficing in it. The ending was the pits though when Hank got killed. I was hoping for a great ending but it was still good, especially when #3 got back off the stage. BRAVO :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

commercials said it was better than Lonesome Dove...I didn't think it was half as good as Lonesome Dove

I thought it was way over advertised for no better than it turned out. Robert Duvall himself said that critics said it was suppose to be better than lone some dove and he said that was quite a statement. I beleave that was his way of saying he did not think it would be better than lone some dove.

Myself i did not think it ranked as good as a good gun smoke or bonanza episode. But i think Robert Duvall is a good actor and this movie really brought out how old he is getting. I think he is up in his 70's now.

I liked Broken Trail real well but I don't think any movie will ever top Lonesome Dove.

VanC":ueglvp8o said:
Ned Jr.":ueglvp8o said:
I liked Broken Trail real well but I don't think any movie will ever top Lonesome Dove.

I agree. I liked it, but not as much as Lonesome Dove.

Out of the three, I would rank them as follows,

Lonesome Dove
Open Range
Broken Trail

Waga say's it's just because this one was more of a chick flick, without all the action of the first two.

Warpaint

I've got to agree on all 3. We need to add 1 more to the list. It is The Man From Snowy River. I know it is an Aussie movie but it is still one of the best.

Robert Duvall is one of the all time greats in bringing feelings and expressions into the movie. I have watched many parts of Lonesome Dove many times for those expressions and feelings. However, I was very disappointed in the second night of Broken Trail. It was very slow, and it was a constant feeling of being ahead of the movie, trying to figure where it was going, instead of the movie keeping pace and taking you there. There were constant attempts by Duvall and the others to copy expressions or emotions directly from Lonesome Dove and they were too obvious and not original. I was also saddened by how old and feeble Duvall looks, it is hard to watch someone so admired aging so much. I was hoping for alot better after watching the critics build the movie up.

Ned Jr.":28db0g2q said:

Read the book....it'll top the movie hands down.

Alice

it was ok, but didnt come close to Lonesome Dove, it is one of my all time favorites, i really like duvall,, and tommy lee jones, and they were great togather in L.Dove. Does the guy that played the nephew, Tom, sound alot like Lee Marvin ?, or is it just me ?...... he has that old deep rough voice.

samm

Latest posts