Broken ribs

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":phbdbr3r said:
I hate it for you. I had some cracked ribs a few years ago, and the best I remember was that they only hurt when you breath.......

Yeah, that was Moms general consensus(sp?) on the situation after the hydraulics failed and a wing of the kent harrow fell on her. I don't remember how many cracked ribs she ended up with(happened quite a few years ago), but I do remember that it had been a very long time since I had seen Dad that shaken up.

Backhoe, here's to everything being ok, and your ribs healing with a minimum of trouble to you! :)

backhoeboogie":24j8t6hw said:
Lammie":24j8t6hw said:
He's just trying to be all Chuck Norris.

I did my best not to chuckle but did anyway. That hurt.

Would you have me lay up and milk this for all its worth? "Bring me a cup of coffee, ice tea etc?" She knows me better than that.

The only thing that truly has me concerned is the "foreign object", which is puzzling.

It's probably a jigsaw puzzle piece. Who knows? If you stay around long enough you might poop out the rest of it.

I don't want to help you put that one together, BTW. :shock:

backhoeboogie":239076rh said:
Lammie":239076rh said:
He's just trying to be all Chuck Norris.

I did my best not to chuckle but did anyway. That hurt.

Would you have me lay up and milk this for all its worth? "Bring me a cup of coffee, ice tea etc?" She knows me better than that.

The only thing that truly has me concerned is the "foreign object", which is puzzling.

Perhaps he inhaled a chopstick or part off of a Toyota.

Broken ribs.. . I feel for ya. I am just now healed up from busting some of mine a few months back.
And, doctors always like to worry you with those comments.. "foreign object"... "unidentified spot"... "cyst"...or whatever. They told me I had an "unindentified spot" on my lung about 5 years ago, and wanted to do all kinds of testing. I said I been through enough of that junk... so I declined.

Sorry to hear about your ribs. Been there, done that. Too many times. 15/20 yrs ago it woulda never fazed you. Nothing hurts worse than self inflicted wounds.

Good luck with those foreign objects. Keep us informed of your progress.

sat morning i was banding and taggin and the biggest calf was in the headcatch. soon as my feet hit the ground behind him he kicked me in the shin so hard my wife heard the noise an was afraid to look. she thought it was gonna be snapped in half. actually didnt hurt right then. bout 3 hrs later it swelled like a softball and it hurts now. just my pants brushin on it hurts...

ya think he knew what was comin?? i guess were even tho huh?

dieselbeef":2422f9me said:
sat morning i was banding and taggin and the biggest calf was in the headcatch. soon as my feet hit the ground behind him he kicked me in the shin so hard my wife heard the noise an was afraid to look. she thought it was gonna be snapped in half. actually didnt hurt right then. bout 3 hrs later it swelled like a softball and it hurts now. just my pants brushin on it hurts...

ya think he knew what was comin?? i guess were even tho huh?

Not quite... He could have hit a bit higher. I did have a heifer kick me a bit higher a few years ago when I was clipping her in the chute. She wasn't an aggressive heifer, but when I touched her belly with the clippers, she decided to give one of the cows WONDERFUL double jab kicks right in the crotch.

the human body threads got a god pic of what happens when yer not ready for the unexpected..course it was a motorcycle acc not a cow so....but it makes a great pic huh

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Diesel you watch that young un around cattle. My grandson thinks he's bullet proof. The wife says she may have to keep him away from me because he micmics everything I do.

It doesn't hurt so much to laugh now but it still hurts. Should I try the coffee shop?

The doc says the "foreign object" is in the bottom of the right lung. It couldn't have been inhaled to get to that location. She (lady doc) suspects scar tissue but doesn't know what the heck. She's sending me for a series of tests on April 6.

She reminded me that I am about to turn 50 :mad: :mad: She says I need to quit working like a 20 year old. Take time and let things heal. Told her the cows probably wouldn't understand. Then she got really serious with me.

backhoeboogie":fiols78l said:
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Diesel you watch that young un around cattle. My grandson thinks he's bullet proof. The wife says she may have to keep him away from me because he micmics everything I do.

It doesn't hurt so much to laugh now but it still hurts. Should I try the coffee shop?

The doc says the "foreign object" is in the bottom of the right lung. It couldn't have been inhaled to get to that location. She (lady doc) suspects scar tissue but doesn't know what the heck. She's sending me for a series of tests on April 6.

She reminded me that I am about to turn 50 :mad: :mad: She says I need to quit working like a 20 year old. Take time and let things heal. Told her the cows probably wouldn't understand. Then she got really serious with me.

A coupe of years ago I had a doc tell me that I wasn;t a young man anymore and should take it easier. The old phart was in his 80s and he called me OLD

Had an injury skieing one time at 56 yr old and the doc told me I needed to slow down until my twenty year old mine caught up with my 56 yr old body.Doing better now but still can't get used to not being able to do what I used to do.

Cal

i learned a few years ago that im not bullet proof.because i cant move as fast as i used to.but ive never had any broken bones.but ive done things that shouldve broke my back an my leg.not to mention an arm or 2.

backhoeboogie":z0832qd7 said:
Don't listen to her. Believe me 50 is not old, or doesn't have to be. If you let them make you think it is you will start going down fast.
You need to take time to heal up for however long it takes, no matter what your age.

Two brothers I know, when one made 50 he decided he was an old man. He got that idea and something is constantly wrong. He has been an old man for 20 years now, and he enjoys it.

Was talking to the other brother a few days ago. He is 75. His only problem is his knees have worn out and he is aggravated that he can't run anymore. He is trying to decide if he should get them rebuilt.

You talk to the first brother, everything is hopeless, and he makes you feel drained. The second brother makes you feel optimistic and energized. It is a difference in attitude.

And that's my say on the matter.

Sending you a pm when I can get to it.

Latest posts