Broken Penis?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hasbeen

Reaction score
I did a search on the subject hoping not to have to show my ignorance but although I found the topic mentioned several times, I didn't find an actual description.

I made a deal with my mentor to borrow a young bull to breed to my eight heifers. In return, I pasture the bull, 3 cows and 2 calves for the summer. I believe the bull has covered 6 of my girls so far and one of my mentor's cows. Last evening as I was checking on them, I noticed the bull's penis out about 5 inches and bent to the side about 3 inches up. He later retracted it and seemed to be having no problems.

Is this a broken penis? I'm going to call the owner and have him come take a look but thought I would check in with you all first rather than embarrass myself by pointing out something that may be normal. The last cow I saw him trailing (although I didn't see him actually mount) was not one of mine.

Tenessee wantabe your filthy language is disgusting...theres ladies and kids here...dont be vulgar

It doesnt sound like a brioken penis to me..not if hes able to retract it and theres no swelling...I guess it depends on how bad it was bent..some of em are a little bit crooked naturally. But if its somebody elses bull he has a right to know about it I guess....but it might not be easy to get a good look at it. You might ahve to put him in the chute and do it by hand if you dont have an ejaculator. Good luck

I guess i need to make that more clear since theres a vulgar foulmouth around...when I said do it by hand I mean go through the rectum and massage him...you real ranchers know what i was talking about

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":j5uyeicd said:
Fouth mouth? I said red rocket how is that foul mouthed. Your the one talking about entering his butt hole and massaging him lol. How dirty is that. Get a grip tapeworm. Didnt your mom ever teach you any manners about how to act? Obviously not. I advised him on what he needed to do. He said penis? That is not something I would say in front of a kid so why dont you scold him to you imbecile? I said pecker because I didnt think it sounded as dirty as penis. Secondly I advised him about the vibriosis as it can and does happen if you are not careful. Course you probably dont know this as Im sure your whole herd has std's and all the cows probably are aborting left and right. So hows about taking your opinion and shovin it. You know where you need to shove it to. Look at you scolding someone and you are talking about MASSAGING him via the rectum. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I wonder what else you like to massage on him as well. :lol:
Peopel like you is what give the cow business a bad name. We can all disagree at times about breeds..colors..epds..whatever. But right is right and wrong is wrong...its wrong to talk like you are in public...this aint the sale barn and it aint a barroom. Grow up

ALACOWMAN":nk28r4fh said:
dought its broken it would be swollen and not retracted. most of the time. wouldnt worry about it

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. He is able to retract it.

I put the question as delicately as I could and used the proper terms. I really needed to ask. I will mention it to his owner when I see him but at least now I'll have an idea what I'm talking about.

TTCLM, I did my homework on the bull, no need to worry. He may not be the best in the world but he sires a low birthweight calf and is disease free. All I want from him is a small calf from my heifers.

tapeworm":p17wpua9 said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":p17wpua9 said:
Fouth mouth? I said red rocket how is that foul mouthed. Your the one talking about entering his butt hole and massaging him lol. How dirty is that. Get a grip tapeworm. Didnt your mom ever teach you any manners about how to act? Obviously not. I advised him on what he needed to do. He said penis? That is not something I would say in front of a kid so why dont you scold him to you imbecile? I said pecker because I didnt think it sounded as dirty as penis. Secondly I advised him about the vibriosis as it can and does happen if you are not careful. Course you probably dont know this as Im sure your whole herd has std's and all the cows probably are aborting left and right. So hows about taking your opinion and shovin it. You know where you need to shove it to. Look at you scolding someone and you are talking about MASSAGING him via the rectum. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I wonder what else you like to massage on him as well. :lol:
Peopel like you is what give the cow business a bad name. We can all disagree at times about breeds..colors..epds..whatever. But right is right and wrong is wrong...its wrong to talk like you are in public...this aint the sale barn and it aint a barroom. Grow up
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hasbeen, the only "broke" bull I've had here was really obvious. He looked uncomfortable, had a good deal of swelling through the sheath area, as well as blood stains around the outside of the sheath. He still had the desire to mount a cow but could not...extend...at all.

Vet called him hamburger. I said let's give him a chance. 60 days apart from any open/cycling cows and he recovered. He's back to work now and doing fine. (I might add that he doesn't always look completely normal when he does extend...but he's getting the cows bred so I'm not worrying.)

Ollie also had a broke bull that was much worse than mine that did recover...could always PM him too. I also have a pic around somewhere if you want me to see it.

Thank you, Milkmaid. I don't believe there is a problem. He wasn't following a cow at the time, I guess he was just stretching. He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable at all. Should be two more come into heat any day now so I should be able to tell if all is well. I was a little embaressed about asking but I figured me being embarressed was better than him being hurt and nothing done.