Broken Bags?

Help Support CattleToday:

SFFarms

Reaction score
I was looking at some seed store's pricing and notice some have broken bag prices for significantly lower price's. I was wondering what exactly do they mean by broken bags? I was thinking damaged bags or something like that, but not really sure :?: :?

Either bags that have been busted open or may have been opened and only part of the product sold

dun":3gjq688m said:
Either bags that have been busted open or may have been opened and only part of the product sold

Thanks Dun, thats what i was thinking. So buying these bags i guess can be worth the price.. :D

SFFarms":3df6yidl said:
dun":3df6yidl said:

Thanks Dun, thats what i was thinking. So buying these bags i guess can be worth the price.. :D
If the price is less then the dollar value of the product compared to an unbroken bag. Sometimes they may also contain sweeipings from other bags mixed in
The broken part could also be rat/mice holes chewed in the bags. In which case thre will probably be turds of the offending rodent mixed in I'ld feed it to chickens but not cows

dun":2htkb17l said:
The broken part could also be rat/mice holes chewed in the bags. In which case thre will probably be turds of the offending rodent mixed in I'ld feed it to chickens but not cows

A few years ago I was given a whole semi-trailer of mineral and feed that was rodent eaten. Somehow mice had gotten in the trailer while it was docked over a holiday or something. Rats had eaten a lot of the bags and mealy worms were all in the feed. Company needed the trailer emptied and they were going to dump it all in the landfill when I happened along. They gave me 4 hours to empty the truck of the contents. Two gooseneck trailers later and a lot of sweat I was sitting pretty. I called every cattle person I knew to share my good fortune. This is when I realized that most cattlemen are older folks - many had seen the depression - which meant I got to load their trucks for them. Younger folks wanted it delivered. This didn't happen. (I also was reminded that one of these semi-trucks holds a bunch of stuff)

Latest posts