Broadway Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I have six fall calves left. 3 bulls and 3 heifers. I am not marketing the 3 heifers. I plan to keep one and sell the other 2 as bred heifers next Spring.

Flies have finally awaken. I clipped the 6 fall calves and poured them with UltraBoss.

Here is my Broadway bull. BRSF In The Summertime. DOB 9/15/2017. 91 pounds. Dam FSSR Summer Abby. AI Sire Hooks Broadway. He is going to Fire Sweep in July to be developed for sale at Farm Fest in Springfield MO. He is broke to halter and handles very well on lead.

246sv9u.jpg

Maybe you need a better picture, because he looks high flanked, straight legged, flat butted to me.
No offense.

The pink halter helps bring out his sensitive side. Lol, Good looking calf. I'll be sure to look him up at farm fest!

sim.-ang.king":2f5cf5om said:
Maybe you need a better picture, because he looks high flanked, straight legged, flat butted to me.
No offense.

No offense taken. Kris has already told me the picture sucks. Lol

These are pictures from March that Fire Sweep Simmental took. When they just come out of the sweep from being worked, they are tense. They pull their gut in and stand tense.

15x26f5.jpg

143dbux.jpg

farmboy80":mshigdw7 said:
The pink halter helps bring out his sensitive side. Lol, Good looking calf. I'll be sure to look him up at farm fest!

Thank you. I plan to be there. Hope to meet you.

Do your heifers have any color? I am looking for a kid that is just starting. He wants a heifer with some color I am looking for dead gentle. Nothing can turn a kid off faster than one beating them up when they are just learning. I know your calves are worked from a young age and seem to be very gentle.

Gizmom

gizmom":1xyuxpiv said:
Do your heifers have any color? I am looking for a kid that is just starting. He wants a heifer with some color I am looking for dead gentle. Nothing can turn a kid off faster than one beating them up when they are just learning. I know your calves are worked from a young age and seem to be very gentle.

Gizmom

I only have three left. I plan to keep the one I like best, she is a Live Ammo out of one of my favorite cows. Of the other two, the Uno Mas is solid black and the Ironhide has a small white spot on the right side of her forehead. I will say, they are all extremely gentle.

If I was going to fault that calf Ron I would say he is a bit shallow. Maybe his length makes him look that way as he surely is a long bodied booger. Nice hip on him and he is very smoothly built from the photos.

gcreekrch":6d4r134n said:
If I was going to fault that calf Ron I would say he is a bit shallow. Maybe his length makes him look that way as he surely is a long bodied booger. Nice hip on him and he is very smoothly built from the photos.

Dave, he is long. Proportionately, he could be a little deeper.

I like his character. One of the traits I breed for is CHARACTER. I think too many breeders focus too much on butt, gut, and neck. I focus on character, nice blaze face and pretty feet. Lol

Bright Raven":34mdbcke said:
gcreekrch":34mdbcke said:

Dave, he is long. Proportionately, he could be a little deeper.

I like his character. One of the traits I breed for is CHARACTER. I think too many breeders focus too much on butt, gut, and neck. I focus on character, nice blaze face and pretty feet. Lol

Why not Ron.

Ken

Latest posts