Brittish White/White Park

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a dairy crossbred Brittish White Heifer. I am trying to decide what to breed her to. The Whites are hard to locate around here and AI is hard since I have her and a few Irish Dexters. I do not want to order up semen for her only.

I would like to know if anyone has eaten the Whites. What is the meat quality, lean or Marbled. Is crossing her with Angus or Herford good?

MDX":1lj6mfp3 said:
I have a dairy crossbred Brittish White Heifer. I am trying to decide what to breed her to. The Whites are hard to locate around here and AI is hard since I have her and a few Irish Dexters. I do not want to order up semen for her only.

I would like to know if anyone has eaten the Whites. What is the meat quality, lean or Marbled. Is crossing her with Angus or Herford good?

I have a few whites they cut as good as angus, they cross great with Angus. There is a large BW ranch down the road from me, I picked up 3 a while back to experment with my Herefords. The whites are great cattle I have been impressed so far.

http://www.britishwhite.org/semen.htm

MDX":1fsh0dw3 said:

if you want to keep it White, a good idea will be Charolais or any of the Italians (Romagnola, Marchigiana or Chianina)

I would go with a british breed if she is a Xbred dairy X British White Heifer. I wouldn't even consider a continental breed.

Thanks for your quick info. I think that this time around I will do Angus, that is the easiest bull for me to get.

Anonymous":2zrndl1r said:
Thanks for your quick info. I think that this time around I will do Angus, that is the easiest bull for me to get.
\
If you are AI'ing use the best Angus bull for the traits that you need.
On the EPD's pay particular attention to the accuracy.

Latest posts