British Whites

Help Support CattleToday:

I do have a few I like what I see so far. The jury is still out waiting on the first calves, all are breed to a proven low weight Hereford. If I continue to like what I see will breed back to a Registered White. If you have more questions about Whites feel free to pm me.

i had purchaced three british whites a year or two ago. they were all old & bred to black angus bulls. two calves were mostly white & one was a baldie. two bulls & one heifer. bulls sold just as good as my blacks. kept the heifer for breeding to a brangus or gert. they seem real gentle & are not picky eaters. i would not be afraid to buy more of them.

I don't have any British Whites but we raise American British White Parks and it is my understanding that the background genetic history is basically the same. Here is a little of what I know about our breed. Extreme docility! It doesn't get any better than this! No more chasing across the pasture til near exhaustion. Easy to pen and load. Most have no flight zone. American British White Park cattle have small uniform udders. New calves have no problems grasping and nursing due to oversized udders. Udders dark in pigment prevents sunburn & various other problems common to other breeds. American British White Park's produce nutritionally rich milk getting new calves off to the best start. Records of birth kept by existing American British White Park breeders prove that in general losses are very small when compared to to other popular breeds. ABWP's calving birth sizes range from 74 lbs to 84 lbs with 76 being about average. American British White Parks are notorious for grazing almost everything & anything. We don't need brush goats as our American British White Park cattle eat a lot of the brush and even leaves off fallen branches for us. Records kept by breeders show exceptional gains in the first year by pasture only. EASY KEEPERS! More info can be found at
http://www.whitecattle.org or at my website: http://www.americanbritishwhite.com Hope I've been of some help. Ozarklady

Are British White and British White Park the same ??? And if you cross a British White with a Black Angus what would the babies look like ? All black, black and white or what ?? Any ideas ?????? :D

Thanks

bizybeehill":ehs3328w said:
Are British White and British White Park the same ??? And if you cross a British White with a Black Angus what would the babies look like ? All black, black and white or what ?? Any ideas ?????? :D

Thanks

Yes and if you use a BW bull most of the calves will be marked as a British White to skunk colored. Pic is kinda of dark the BW on the left is a BW/Brangus cross.

Aug26013.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for the responce Campground. How about B/W cows crossed to a Black Angus bull??? Genetically does it matter from which you inherit genes from ??? (Cow or Bull) I am considering B/W cows because I find them apealling to look at and it apears that they have great qualities for calving and make good momma's, but in my area ( not my opinion ) if it dosent have a black or at least black and white hide the price goes down. Personnaly I dont care, but being new to the business I want to minimize mistakes; having said that though, different breeds do interest me.

Thanks again

I am no expert but from the operations I have visited that run both it seems about 50/50. You would think the black would be dominant but not in what I have seen.

Txag is our genetics expert she could probably be mor helpful here.
Go to the Austrialan BW web page and check out the different crosses as the show pics of the most popular crosses.