British whites

Help Support CattleToday:

kopac94

Reaction score
I am considering switching from a commercial herd to british whites. Or maybe breeding some british white into my herd. It sounds like they have a lot of strong traits that would make good mamas. Meat quality sounds good. Another trait is low back fat. Trying to keep backfat to a minimum makes sense to me. One concern I have is the purchase price for good stock. Is anyone out there making money raising british whites? Are they a good choice for crossbreeding?

kopac94":1dbzpw77 said:
I am considering switching from a commercial herd to british whites. Or maybe breeding some british white into my herd. It sounds like they have a lot of strong traits that would make good mamas. Meat quality sounds good. Another trait is low back fat. Trying to keep backfat to a minimum makes sense to me. One concern I have is the purchase price for good stock. Is anyone out there making money raising british whites? Are they a good choice for crossbreeding?

I have picked up a few to start crossbreeding with Herefords. I really like the heifers I picked up most docile animals I have every dealt with. I got interested in Whites due to a large operation down the road from me. Look up BW's for sale in East Texas the West Ranch has some reasonable priced bulls.

http://www.jwest.biz/for_sale.htm

The people that I purchased my two cross breds from have a bull that they have run in the young stock herd for 10 years. They raise Holstiens but like the calving ease of the whites. I was impressed that the bull was still doing his job at 10. The two that I have are great animals to work with, I would like to find a purbred cow to raise some babies out of. I am in Washington state and it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Anonymous":78icavg9 said:
The people that I purchased my two cross breds from have a bull that they have run in the young stock herd for 10 years. They raise Holstiens but like the calving ease of the whites. I was impressed that the bull was still doing his job at 10. The two that I have are great animals to work with, I would like to find a purbred cow to raise some babies out of. I am in Washington state and it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

This might help

http://www.beef-cattle.net/sale.htm

Latest posts