british white x hereford for a herd sire.

Help Support CattleToday:

You have not given us a good enough picture yet. In this picture he "appears" pinched in the heart girth, definitely appears to lack muscling in hip area. It appears if you were behind him, he drops off on both sides of the tail head/ hollow from tail head to hip bone. I don't think anyone has indicated he is horrible. If he is all you have to breed to, I guess he will do just fine. If you are looking for improvement, I do not think he will improve your WP cow - or is equal quality.
But, as I said, you have not given us much to go on. Full side shot & rear shot would be good. This is just a "piece of him" - the other two shots were a head shot.

I forgot several pictures didn't load. I have a chance to sell him i think. I agree that he's a bit pinched at the shoulders. I was getting the impression that he's pure junk and i was questioning myself.

Attachments

• A9B6381F-6872-4393-9127-3E29349051CA.jpeg
    A9B6381F-6872-4393-9127-3E29349051CA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
From the rear

Attachments

• 49946BB8-2D17-408A-9D92-E0EC367C69FD.jpeg
    49946BB8-2D17-408A-9D92-E0EC367C69FD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
=georgiabob> Less than one percent of the world population is fortunate enough to own even one cow. Which would indicate that
the other 99% have never had the good fortune to follow calves through a chute and come out the other end with kicked shins and covered with dung. Is your bull world class? NO! Would I keep it for a bull? NO! It is your animal and up to you to decide how you run
your operation. Stay within your means and do not be persuaded by slick multicolored advertising. Improve what you can as you have
opportunity. One good place to start is with the quality of pasture that you have available. This can be done by ridding your pasture of
plants that a cow will not east for instance weeds like a carolina thistle or leafy spurge. As your pasture improves you will find the means
and motivation to improve the cattle on it. A good healthy animal of any color will always have the best chance of turning a dollar for you.
Have a profitable year,,,,,,LVR

You have not given us a good enough picture yet. In this picture he "appears" pinched in the heart girth, definitely appears to lack muscling in hip area. It appears if you were behind him, he drops off on both sides of the tail head/ hollow from tail head to hip bone. I don't think anyone has indicated he is horrible. If he is all you have to breed to, I guess he will do just fine. If you are looking for improvement, I do not think he will improve your WP cow - or is equal quality.
But, as I said, you have not given us much to go on. Full side shot & rear shot would be good. This is just a "piece of him" - the other two shots were a head shot.
I will go with horrible! That animal will cost a lot more than one can imagine in lost time and dollars.

I have a chance to sell him i think....
I was getting the impression that he's pure junk and i was questioning myself.
Don't take it personal, the people critical of using him for breeding are not doing it out of spite or for the fun of giving an internet beat down.
Their comments might be rough, but I know they are good people trying to say....
You can do better.

Last edited:
Don't take it personal, the people critical of using him for breeding are not doing it out of spite or for the fun of giving an internet beat down.
Their comments might be rough, but I know they are good people trying to say....
You can do better.
Not taking it personally. I welcome the comments. He's not the bull i thought he'd be when he was young but i don't think he's junk either. He's what i've got this round and he'll be gone in 60 days. We'll see what his offspring looks like next year.

Lacks masculinity. If he was running with a herd of like colored cattle could you tell he was the bull from a distance?
It's hard to say since i can't un-know that he's a bull but probably not now that you mention it.

I was wrong. He's 6 months. Beefmaster x angus
He is salebarn material period.
He is a good crossbred salebarn calf.
You have no idea what will come out of him, he's a box of crayons.
I don't understand the infatuation with cull bulls.
A bad cow hurts, a bad bull is a disaster.
With today's margins you won't survive long hauling back forty calves to the sale.

Latest posts