British white bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking for a British white breeding age bull in or around central Arkansas. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
In response to your request you should be able to find the breed association on your computer and make contact with the information.
Albeit more distance it may be worth your time to inquire into neighboring states if you are unsuccessful in your search.
While I do not use British White I do wish you success in your search.

Your second sentence was open ended and you can be assured to have your sanity questioned by naysayer's of anything that is
not black, big or what they don't have for sale! We are in the 2nd day and I will wager most if not all have not offered any information
that would put you on track to find what you need. You should not be surprised if someone, on these forums tries to buy your stock for
pennies on the dollar. Remember, it is your dollar, your choice, your cow. Good Luck ! LVR

Maybe they're just trying to save him money and the headache of selling calves that buyers simply don't want. As well as a warning that the breed isn't always known for good disposition, when that was one of their primary goals. Probably also worth mentioning that breeders of niche breeds aren't always as strict with culling less than ideal animals. So the odds of finding a good quality herd bull are much higher when you stick with more common breeds.
Some may find that more helpful than just telling them "look it up on the internet".

Maybe they're just trying to save him money and the headache of selling calves that buyers simply don't want. As well as a warning that the breed isn't always known for good disposition, when that was one of their primary goals. Probably also worth mentioning that breeders of niche breeds aren't always as strict with culling less than ideal animals. So the odds of finding a good quality herd bull are much higher when you stick with more common breeds.
Some may find that more helpful than just telling them "look it up on the internet".
He said what he was looking for.
"When the directions are written on the heel, don't drink from the boot''

Just my .02 worth of opinion here, but if you are looking for calving ease the White Park might not be your best choice. I have 2 purebreds and both have had larger calves than their herdmates (angus and angus cross) when bred to same bull. Neighbor has a White park bull and he lost a few cows and heifers while freshening to his bull last spring. Now, I know it's half the dam's genetics but I wouldn't count on them being calving ease..

Several pieces of good advice were offered and now they have a decision to make.
Everyone starting out has to learn somehow, sometimes the education is a painful and expensive.

My wife and I are getting older and we work the cows by ourself. Looking for good disposition, no horns, easy calving and, small frame cows.
If you're asking this question you clearly arent planning on paying the bills at the sale barn. Nobody here will have anything at stake except you. Buy what makes you happy.

In response to your request you should be able to find the breed association on your computer and make contact with the information.
Albeit more distance it may be worth your time to inquire into neighboring states if you are unsuccessful in your search.
While I do not use British White I do wish you success in your search.

Your second sentence was open ended and you can be assured to have your sanity questioned by naysayer's of anything that is
not black, big or what they don't have for sale! We are in the 2nd day and I will wager most if not all have not offered any information
that would put you on track to find what you need. You should not be surprised if someone, on these forums tries to buy your stock for
pennies on the dollar. Remember, it is your dollar, your choice, your cow. Good Luck ! LVR
Thank

T
I like the coloring. But buyers here would think that they were longhorn; and it would cost me.
Thanks. I get a lot of comments on her.

It's definetly a black market tho (had an old farmer from way northern Maine tell me that once when I was starting out). That's why (among a few other reasons) when I started this small beef operation, I quickly settled with black angus. About ten years ago I did a road trip back to NH from Nevada. We headed north to jump on I70 and headed east. Holy smokes, nothin' but black cattle. Did see some Zebras too....

Another reason is how they look. In the winter the calves faces look like little fuzzy black bears. I remember sitting on my porch one fall day looking out over my best hayfield that I had cattle grazing on at the time. Dark green grass, little black bodies happily grazing and a background of the fall colors coming in and I thought , "that looks pretty nice" .. No, I'm not gay....... :)

Latest posts