brit white

Help Support CattleToday:

buhbuh

Reaction score
Thinking of out crossing with brit white, any body have any pro and cons for this breed, also any for sale in north Alabama?

buhbuh":1wdqu7b6 said:
Thinking of out crossing with brit white, any body have any pro and cons for this breed, also any for sale in north Alabama?

Got some "Alabama" whites down here in south Alabama! ;-)
(Chars)

rkaiser":3677ia5p said:
Those Alabama Whites have black points Mike? 8)

Not yet. The shoe polish dried up in the bottle. I can get some more though.

Anything to please a customer!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Buhbuh, I run about 90 of the british whites. However, I dont run a purebred or seedstock operation. I buy everyone that I can that is a good animal. The advantages are they are outstanding mothers, they are easy calvers, they are good milkers, they are gentle, they are very easily handled. The disadvantages are they do not sell as well at the auction, however they sell much better than they did 5-10 years ago. Another disadvantage is that it is very hard to breed the color out of them if you are selling feeder calves. I use all charlois bulls, they are the only ones I have found that will take the color out. The calves come out yellow or white with maybe a trace of brown ear. Black angus, Limousin, Hereford bulls all left 50 percent of the calves colored like british whites. I used to buy them cheap because of lack of demand, but they have become very popular and the cows sell much better now.