Brindle Tiger Stripes Affect On Value

Help Support CattleToday:

TexFarmer

Reaction score
Is a brindle/tiger stripped cow worth any more or less than any regular solid colored cow of the same weight and condition?
Here's my brindle cow and her 3 month old steer calf. She's one of my best cows, calm, has kept on a really good body condition after calving and has one of the biggest milk bags of my herd. Kinda hoping she calves heifers in the future.

brindle_zpsherbufdo.jpg

Son of Butch":2jvelc1t said:
M.Magis":2jvelc1t said:
They don't exist around here, so i can't answer. But i sure like that pair. Looks like a heck of a 3 month old
everything is bigger in Texas, so maybe the length of the months are too
He was born on 2/19/2017, 91 days ago. Maybe I should have been more specific with 3 months and 1 day. :lol:

TexFarmer":1pyqs63y said:
Is a brindle/tiger stripped cow worth any more or less than any regular solid colored cow of the same weight and condition?
Here's my brindle cow and her 3 month old steer calf. She's one of my best cows, calm, has kept on a really good body condition after calving and has one of the biggest milk bags of my herd. Kinda hoping she calves heifers in the future.

brindle_zpsherbufdo.jpg
At the auction I have not seen a premium in brindle cows at all, sometimes a hit, but also depends on condition. As a pair they would probably do well. On the private market its all about what someone is willing to pay.

BK9954":1o8dbiai said:
TexFarmer":1o8dbiai said:
Is a brindle/tiger stripped cow worth any more or less than any regular solid colored cow of the same
weight and condition?
Here's my brindle cow and her 3 month old steer calf. Kinda hoping she calves heifers in the future.

brindle_zpsherbufdo.jpg
At the auction I have not seen a premium in brindle cows at all, sometimes a hit, but also depends on condition.
As a pair they would probably do well. On the private market its all about what someone is willing to pay.
In real world pretty colors add nothing.
BUT private sale to the right guy... a pretty cow with a calm, gentle demeanor will bring a premium.
However it appears he's not really planning to sell her... more of just kind of wondering.

Here he wouldn't ring the bell but would be in the middle somewhere. She wouldn't do too well. A few like me would be interested because I don't put too much in the colors. I like them both.

I get a brindle like that every once and a while out of brangus/ Hereford cross. Can't really say their is a big affect on value. Still makes a good calf, but I haven't had one top the sale in Its class, so maybe it does Have a small effect.

TexFarmer":191c64w4 said:

In this case I'd say probably not. If she had a white or blaze face, but without all that other white, auction buyers in most of Texas would likely jump all over her thinking she was a Brahman Hereford F1 cross.

Latest posts