Brillion seeder

Help Support CattleToday:

buck0678

Reaction score
Has anyone tried planting sorghum sundan grass seed in a brillion seeder, I have heard that you can't, because it doesn't plant the seed deep enough, what I have been told that sorghum sundan seed needs to be planted between 1inch to 2inchs and brillion seeder only plants it at a quarter to half inch depth, anyone have any info on this subject, thanks

Brillions are mostly made for small seeds. Sudan is not very small. It will plant it, and do fine if it rains but if it sits a while, it needs to be planted deeper. Find you an old cheap John Deere. About 1" deep is good on this old black soil where I'm at.

Haygrazer will come up fine at a 1/4 inch. A inch is better. Simply because it will help hold soil moisture. Just don't plant in dry soil with a quarter inch expected. Plant on top of rain with more rain coming...rain meeting rain we call it.

I'm from East Central Ohio,the ground was plowed and is Sandy soil, ended up borrowing the neighbors drill to plant it,I have a brillion 10' seeder but all research I have done about sorghum sundan grass seed, it's not recommend to use a brillion seeder,and seed is not cheap by no means

Latest posts