Breeds Board

Help Support CattleToday:

> it works, your computer is screwy.
> goodluck.

Beefy, you may be right, but it certainly makes no sense to me that I can load all the other boards but the breeds board which loads to about 31k and then it freezes my computer.

[email protected]

I'm not having any problem with the Breeds Board either. Good luck...

> Whats wrong with the Breeds Board?
> Everytime I start to load it locks
> up my computer- the other boards
> are fine.

> Beefy, you may be right, but it
> certainly makes no sense to me
> that I can load all the other
> boards but the breeds board which
> loads to about 31k and then it
> freezes my computer.

Works fine on my computer also.

When I get a freeze-up from ANY internet or other application, I just shut the computer down (off power) and wait a minute or so and then reboot. 9/10 of time this solves problem. Same thing occasionally happens to my ink jet printer. There are gremlins out there that do stuff (angel candidates that haven't made it into Heaven yet...lol).

[email protected]

> Whats wrong with the Breeds Board?
> Everytime I start to load it locks
> up my computer- the other boards
> are fine.

That's strange. All the Boards run off the same program and the Breeds Board database checks out OK. If the re-boot suggestion doesn't solve the problem and you can get to the "Set Preferences" page on the Breeds Board page, set the "Posted in the Last" to 1 Week. Your computer might be having a problem sorting too many messages and locking up.

[email protected]

> That's strange. All the Boards run
> off the same program and the
> Breeds Board database checks out
> OK. If the re-boot suggestion
> doesn't solve the problem and you
> can get to the "Set
> Preferences" page on the
> Breeds Board page, set the
> "Posted in the Last" to
> 1 Week. Your computer might be
> having a problem sorting too many
> messages and locking up. Thanks for trying to help but the computerwon't let me activate anything on the Breeds Board. When I try to click on anything nothing happens. Finally I just have to either turn my computer off or go to "force quit" by holding down the ctrl open apple and escape keys. BTW I tried it again the first thing this morning after the computer had been off all night. I also have another computer besides this one and it does the same but it will only run to 15k before freezing in the same way. Darn it, the Breeds Board is my favorite.

[email protected]

Well before my computer froze again, I was able to click on the set preferences and ask for a display of only the last 4 weeks and now it seems everything is ok. Thanks for the help!

[email protected]

OK...here's a wild a-- guess. By any chance are you running short on RAM memory so that other operations are running at same time and not enough RAM left to load a long message thread? Do you keep your "junk" cleaned off regularly? Do you regularly "delete" your "web sites visited", "cookies", and "temporary internet files"? These are all memory grabbers. Didn't say what brand of puter you had or what your operating system or memory is. Might also be problem with your "server" or "ISP connection"...??? Also, if while you are trying to view a site, often there are "pop-under" advertisements (behind page you are viewing--a sneaky and dastardly trick by some advertisers)--if your active RAM memory is limited, this could possibly cause a new page or site to not load. Just some thoughts!

[email protected]

Latest posts