Breeding suggestion

Help Support CattleToday:

wpenrod

Reaction score
I am new to all of this and I just started a small herd within the last year. I have 1/2 angus and 1/2 limi heifer that is getting close to breeding age. I think I would like to try to get a smoke calf from her. She is a big framed heifer but needs her front end cleaned up and deffantly needs to add some width. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good char influenced clubby bull that would be good to use on a heifer that isnt too expensive. Thanks in advance to any advice, its very much appreciated!

I also have a herford heifer that I do not have papers on, Im am pretty possitive she is pure but I really dont have anyway to prove it. Is there anything that I can do so that I can breed her to a herf bull and be able to register the calf? If there is nothing I can do than what bulls would you suggest? I was thinking maybe an easy calving black bull and try for a black badly but not sure yet what to do.

Wesley

for the heifers i would suggest the angus on both the first time. use an easy calving bull. the char bull on the black heifer could turn out smokie or buckskin(tan) you never know. the hereford cannot have a registered calf without papers.

Latest posts