Breeding Question

Help Support CattleToday:

wood2

Reaction score
We have borrowed the same bull for three years and we have a heifer she will be 14 mo when we borrow again this year and its the daughter of the bull should I not breed ( father - daughter ) and is she to young. She is herford-angus cross. :???:

If both the bull and heifer are "perfect" in every respect I wouldn;t have any problem doing it. If they aren't I wouldn't do it.
12-15 months as long as she is well grown out is a perfectly acceptable age for breeding

I believe that if you need to ask the question you'd be better off not doing it. Nothing against closebreeding, but its a tool for the experienced breeder.

i have no prob breeding father to daughter.but id only do it 1 time.an change bulls next year.

If that's your only option go with the odds and odds are it will work out fine.

Not just the experts at universities, twistedX. CattleToday members have previously been advised about the potential for introduction of STDs in that manner by some of our other noted members from Tennessee, like TurnThatCowLooseMaw, CattlemanFromOuterSpace, TennMasterBeefProducer, Cowman30 and several others whose name I can't immediately recall. I see that you just recently joined the forum -- ever heard of them? :D

Arnold Ziffle":jyvzg90e said:
Not just the experts at universities, twistedX. CattleToday members have previously been advised about the potential for introduction of STDs in that manner by some of our other noted members from Tennessee, like TurnThatCowLooseMaw, CattlemanFromOuterSpace, TennMasterBeefProducer, Cowman30 and several others whose name I can't immediately recall. :D
You mean like the CowmanFromArizonaThatMovedToKansasAndBoughtaHossTrailerInTennessee?

Latest posts