breeding purebred easy calving limousin bull to angus heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are AI'ing try to pick one with some accuracy behind his EPDs. If it is an unproven bull you may not get what you expect.

Sure its OK. I do it all the time. Will be a good cross and you should get a nice calf from it. If both are registered you can even register the calf as a LimFlex after doing a little paperwork with NALF.

We di that to some SMALL heifers and all calved without assistance but one who somehow retained her calf to long.

Beefy":38pggq6u said:
in theory, yes.

Without an age and weight on this heifer I think this sums it up just about perfect! Come to think of it, even with an age and weight on this heifer, this could still sum it up about perfect!

have had several angus bull to commercial limi's and have been pleased with the cross. They have been consistently amoung my best calves. good size and growth, good disposition. have been pleased enough, that i bought lim bull to breed to limi's and angus cows, with the plan of selling replacement heifers and bulls. think you will like the cross.

I'd check the BW actual on the sire and both sides of the line.
We just AI'd to a big calving Lim bull (5.7) but it was to o'l boss cow (a big old girl) and a lim cow. Both had 80lb+ calves this year unassisted and quickly.
Dmc

I have never had any calving problem with my limos. Knock on wood! We have several angus limo cross heifers now and like them a lot. Should help with the funnel butts Doc keeps talking about.