Breeding heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I have a heifer that has been in with the bull since May. All of the other cows seem to have been settled but she still continues to show heat signs each month about on schedule. I have only had one other heifer that would not settle but she was a non-breeder and showed no signs of a heat cycle (she was culled). Anyway could I be observing false heats? The bull doesn't seem to be interested and just grazes off even when she is mounting him. He did not show this behavior with the other cows....he was gung ho to rock and roll with them and her back in May. How common is the false heat thing?

You might want to consider having your vet check her out. I can't answer your question about false heats, but she could be cystic and that would definitely mess up her heat cycles.

have that heifer palpated.i doubt that she is bred an showing false heats.i bet she could be cystic or a non breeder or both.sometimes you can treat an clear up cystic heifers/cows.an get them bred.but i think id just cull her.

Latest posts