Breeding Fee?

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
How much is an average for a breeding fee? I am needing to get my cows (2) bred next spring and I need to figure out how much I should pay. I am going to get an average to higher qaulity beef bull that is black. Any answers???

kaneranch":2dpy8aow said:
How much is an average for a breeding fee? I am needing to get my cows (2) bred next spring and I need to figure out how much I should pay. I am going to get an average to higher qaulity beef bull that is black. Any answers???

I don't know that there is an average "breeding fee". What ever you could work out with a bull owner would fair, I guess. A.I. fee might run anywhere from $25 to $100 per cow but someone would have to detect heat cycles. There are people who rent bulls too. Just ask around and get prices. Or buy a bull. I will be glad to deliver if it's not too far. ;-)

Last year we leased out one of our bulls for $250 a month.

Our standard breeding fee (for approved cows with health certificate--we are TB Accredited & Brucellosis Certified herd) is $50. minimum per female + $8. per day per female board/care. Don't expect any takers this year since I doubt if any area ranchers would comply with our Health Certificate requirement. We also have Longhorn semen for sale as an alternative to onsite breeding.

Latest posts