BREEDING CYCLE FOR COWS?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I had heard that once a cow or hefier starts her bulling breeding cycle that they will continue bulling every 28 days until bread,and that the incycle last for 3 days until the next 28th day rolls around Is the 28 / 3 days accurate,and does it hold true for every breed? Thanks.

[email protected]

As a general rule, across breeds, a cow will cycle every 20 days. We AI all our cattle. We start watching for heat at 18 days; if she hasn't cycled by 23 days, we figure she's bred. She will "stand" to be bred for about 12 hours during her heat cycle. If she doesn't breed, she'll cycle again in about 20 days, stand for 12 hours, etc. Hope this helped...

[email protected]

> As a general rule, across breeds,
> a cow will cycle every 20 days. We
> AI all our cattle. We start
> watching for heat at 18 days; if
> she hasn't cycled by 23 days, we
> figure she's bred. She will
> "stand" to be bred for
> about 12 hours during her heat
> cycle. If she doesn't breed,
> she'll cycle again in about 20
> days, stand for 12 hours, etc.
> Hope this helped...

It looks as though my yearling bull is not able to handle all 14 cows,some have bread and a couple I noticed are in heat again.Thats why I needed to know. Thats Frankie.

[email protected]

> It looks as though my yearling
> bull is not able to handle all 14
> cows,some have bread and a couple
> I noticed are in heat again.Thats
> why I needed to know. Thats
> Frankie.

Not thats Frankie,as listed above, But I mean "Thanks Frankie" ever so much.

[email protected]

Did you get a breeding soundness exam (BSE) done on the bull before you turned him out? How long has he been with the cattle? In AI school they tell you a bull will only settle 80% of the cattle the first time he breeds them.

[email protected]

Latest posts