Breeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldTex":qb01uxlr said:
ollie":qb01uxlr said:
Surely rvg4 you aren't intending to say what you wrote. Don't you think I would rather have a good calf from a small breeder than a lesser quality calf from a known or larger breeder. Good ones are good ones. You may not be able to tell the difference from farm to farm but some can.

Ollie
those calves from the small breeder outfits don't know nuttin about reading, just the ones from the big PR outfits know how to read, then lots of them fail the test.

Its about quality not a fancy magizine which is worthless in the pasture and salebarn. When you go to the salebarn take that fancy magizine with you, bet that impress some Cattlemen, bids will be through the roof. Not.
Quality Calving ease Maternal instincts Yield and Grade is what it takes.
But some like to brag I paid XXX for this calf, most of the time its like Dun said in an earlier post fool parted with his money.

I think you guy are being VERY unfair to rgv4. I understand what he means. If youi are a "well know" breeder than you are big in the buisness. Now with that being said it DOES NOT mean that if you are not well known that you are not big in the buisness. There are a lot of as you say "small potatoes" opperatins that ARE big in the buisness.

txshowmom":1b0iprwf said:
I think you guy are being VERY unfair to rgv4. I understand what he means. If youi are a "well know" breeder than you are big in the buisness. Now with that being said it DOES NOT mean that if you are not well known that you are not big in the buisness. There are a lot of as you say "small potatoes" opperatins that ARE big in the buisness.

hmmm. Sounds like a spinning flip flop to me.

la4angus":3s436njb said:
txshowmom":3s436njb said:

hmmm. Sounds like a spinning flip flop to me.

She might have the blue avatar there but you would never guess it the way she back peddles all the time.

"Big" doesd not always mean number of head. "Big" might mean how you feel about the cattle industry.

Showmom, rgv4 made a statement that is defenseless. Maybe its time for you to recognize that?

All I'm saying is that I don't think thats what he meant.

I'm locking this thread. I think it's run it's course. If anyone wants to start another thread about who is "big" in what breed, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.