Breeders!

Help Support CattleToday:

gabbyellepaige

Reaction score
I would really like to become a club calf breeder, but with going to college for the next 4 years,
no land to call my own, and just a busy schedule I highly doubt I'll have anytime to go show and get my name out there
to become a successful club calf breeder.
If you are a club calf breeder I would really like it if you told me your story.
How you became a club calf breeder,
what obstacles you've had to overcome, what do you breed and why, how successful would you say you are, and just things of that nature.

If you are just a breeder I would also like to hear how you became a breeder, how you got started, what you do with your cattle, and that sort.
Thank you c:

I have no experience in this type of breeding, but I do have a couple of suggestions for you. I would look for someone near your school that is currently doing what you are interested in. They may be willing to let you work for them. You could gain valuable experience and earn a little money. You could also get exposure to many other important people in the industry. If this dosn't work out just spend that time on your studies, you have plenty of time to make your dreams come true. Good luck.
CSM

Gabby not trying to crush your dreams, but go back and read the first lines of your post. With that said, what could you offer a first time club calf buyer. Not your time, because as you have said it will very limited...Think back to when you bought your first club calf, I would be willing to bet that seller probably spent a lot of time with you helping you make that purchase. If you raised all of your club calves in the past, then sorry but you dont have a clue as to the time u will have to spend pimping those calfs....

Continue to build your herd, get your degree, and then try to rope the world... Good luck with what ever path you choose...If your still dead set on doing it while your in school pm. me, and I will give what information I gleaned in 8 years of messing with club calves